As our first wedding anniversary approaches, I've been thinking over why I've had such an entertaining year. Nate is incredibly attractive and charming, yet it's not really the impression one gets if given the opportunity to flip through a few choice photos. He wanted to be an actor when he was younger, and while Nate claims he abandoned the unrealistic career choice long ago...I think otherwise. If you are lost, let me produce some examples. Nate's budding attorney mind will (hopefully) appreciate the evidence I have collected.
-A Sunday morning in April: Tom and Stacey brought their kitties over to our apartment to be watched while they took care of a few church activities. I had started talking to Tom and the cats; Nate could be seen striding through the house in his scout shirt and tan slacks. He walked through the hallway as if looking for his kerchief holder that he made at the most recent Scout-o-rama.
-September evening, 2007: This time, I was quick enough to catch him with our camera: see second photo. Nate decided that he would push the limits of his current wardrobe and asked the question: how 80s can I look? It's amazing what sneakers, a lack of any hair product and an ancient baseball cap can do. I mentioned I was quick enough to snap a photo, yet Nate didn't even come close to objecting and I was "allowed" to take several.
-Halloween, 2007: If you have browsed our blog at all, you may have noticed the mustache? Nate sacrificed some time to grow a mustache in hopes of dressing as a cop or similar for Halloween. I gladly took my place as his sidekick while Nate reveled in his short stint as a officer of the law. It should be noted that he tried to get someone, anyone to grow a mustache with him/laugh at how stupid it looked. We both learned something: Toledo is fine with the mustache.
When I accepted Nate's wedding proposal, I only stopped to think of the obvious reason why I was saying yes, but a year later I feel so blessed to have not only a tender, but a slightly crazy Nate. December 5th was a great day.
When I accepted Nate's wedding proposal, I only stopped to think of the obvious reason why I was saying yes, but a year later I feel so blessed to have not only a tender, but a slightly crazy Nate. December 5th was a great day.

3 comments:
Wow!!! I can't believe it's already been a year! That went by SOOO fast! I'm glad we have our men to keep us laughing and always on our toes!! :>
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
(don't know what happened with my previous comment)
HAPPY ONE YEAR!!!! I can't even believe it has already been a year! you two are adorable!!!
Post a Comment