Sunday, November 4, 2007

Halloween, Toledo style


Because our first attempt at Halloween fun was only slightly successful, Nate and I got dressed up Halloween night and helped our friends, Joe and Alana pass out candy. It was later decided that some of the kids may have avoided their house because 4 adults standing around a bowl of candy could look intimidating...or was it because of the new sheriff in town???





Before Nate's debut, I practiced my sharp shooting
at the house. If you forget that the gun is orange (thanks, Party City), I could look pretty intimidating. Nate dedicated a better part of a month to preparing his facial hair for his costume, but we didn't really decide until about an hour before the ward Halloween party. About ten minutes before we made the cop kit discovery, we were sitting in Toys 'R Us contemplating how we'd both look if we bought WWF wrestling belts...





The first badge we found was labeled "hottie police"...I was just so excited to find something badge like that I didn't really care what force I'd be on-Nate did. He suggested we move on, but I picked up two "hottie" badges, hoping he'd come around. We eventually found a kit with gun, whistle (I don't know either), etc. We were a bit disappointed to find no aviators, but I think it was best for the kids to see the whites of Nate's eyes.

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Sorry, Liz, Nate wins with that mustache. I can't look at the pic without laughing.

Kara said...

LOVE IT! Look at what Toledo is doing to you. :)

Ruth said...

For some reason, Reno 911 comes to mind... Did Nate leave the show recently?