Thursday, November 8, 2007

Tag, I'm it

Nathan feeding his friends in San Diego

Apparently I/we've been tagged. I had to first inquire what this meant, as my only reference to go on is my sister's experience with "taggers" in her high school art class. She gets along with everyone, so I wasn't too surprised when she explained that her friends were into graffiti...it's no skulls and tools theme, but whatever.

Best thing you cooked last week?

This is a mean question because I am still adjusting to working again. Nevertheless, Nate made some amazing tuna fish sandwiches and I baked some equally amazing pumpkin chocolate chip cookies...the week before.

If money, time and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with whom?

My answers for Nate will be: "anywhere with Liz...she's amazing." Really Nate would require a trip to Peru, Jamaica, and Europe, among other places I'm sure-I would assume I'd be in attendance, but he has traveled with his brothers before.

I would go to Europe for at least a month, Jamaica, Bermuda (Ruth would need to be in attendance in lieu of Nate), Hawaii (cause I've never been), Costa Rica, and St. Lucia.

When was the last time you cried?

Crying is much like breathing to me, so this too, is an unfair question. Nate weeps a little as he gets into the car at the end of the day because he's so happy to see me. Most of my crying jags as of late have been work related, e.g. this job sucks, not having a job sucks, etc.

5 things you were doing this month 10 years ago.

Cutting fabric at the Wal*Mart, attending choir classes for 2 hours a day, loathing the crazy woman that drove me home from school (her husband's name was Kim and her name was Kimmy...), experimenting with the joys of hair coloring, and deciding that a job in the nursing field was not for me (I almost fainted in health class).

Nate's answers: Working at Target, wishing I was at Wal*Mart with Liz, attending Alta high school, wishing I was in choir with Liz, thinking about how great it'd be if I could drive Liz home from school, scheming how I could become Liz's hairdresser, deciding that a job in the nursing field was not for me-cause Liz wouldn't be there. This is about what he'd say, so calm down.

5 things on your to do list today:

Be back to work on time from lunch, not fall asleep while going through tutorials, pretending to feel comfy at new job, pick Nate up (don't forget tissues), hopefully work out at the noise/humidity laden YMCA.

Nate-Attending a mid-term review, going to the rest of my classes, meeting with professor about upcoming assignment, weep when I see Liz pick me up, homework+indulge Liz and take a trip to the YMCA (even though it feels like Toledo in August in that room).

5 favorite snacks:

Cereal, bagels, cookies (homemade or no), yogurt, Diet Coke

Nate-Chocolate milk, cherry danish, blueberry muffins, chocolate donuts (THE BAKERY), crazy Peruvian drinks.

5 bad habits:

Liz-falling asleep 5 minutes into any movie, storing food items in gradually diminishing sizes, 3 open drinks in the fridge, extreme impatience (Tic Tacs!), church meetings serve as a forum for (quiet) ridicule.
Nate-toe inspection, will not waste anything=eating nearly spoiled food, making uncomfortable public comments, joking when inappropriate, recycles food to supply charity feedings for local animals.
5 favorite foods:

Liz-sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, juice, peanut butter toast, brownies

Nate-Please reference snack list...4 snacks= 1 meal
5 places I've been:

Liz-Bermuda, Jamaica, Western Europe, New York, San Diego
Nate-Peru, Hawaii, Mexico, Jamaica, Havesupai
5 favorite memories:
Liz-Nate walking up to me for the first time while I was on the treadmill, having an ice cream cone melt/blow away in about 20 seconds on the cruise ship with Ruth, the afternoon I arrived in London by myself, finishing the half-marathon, taking a walk with my dad around the neighborhood when I was 6 years old.
Nate-1st birthday with Liz, wedding day with Liz, Jamaica with Liz, going to Neah Bay with my family, going to Peru with my brothers.
We tag: Alisha and fam, Idaho Harrison fam, Annie, Jessica, Kara, Ruth

4 comments:

Ruth said...

This 'tag' is conditional that you take my 'blog' off your list, as it isn't a real blog yet. It makes me look creepy!

Here we go: Best thing I have cooked - uh... the baby? Haven't had the energy to do much cooking.
Where would I go - Bermuda again, or take another "George" trip with Matt.
Last time I cried - in the car, listening to a sappy song. It doesn't take much these days...
10 yrs ago - Dating Matt, going to USU, illness and poor nutrition.
Things to do today - stay at work until 8 pm, keep from sleeping, managing my cold without being able to take good drugs, feed baby.
Fave Snacks - choc. ensure, cookies, pizza, candy, ovaltine.
No bad habits here!!!

Jessarella said...

Grandma and Grandpa have babies, so I have time to fill out questionnaires. :)
Best thing I cooked.. corn chowder. That is the only thing I have cooked in 6 weeks since babies.
Where would I go and with whom.. the Punta Cana trip my friends just got back from today that was my idea, and I was supposed to go on, had I not gotten knocked up.
Last time I cried. How about if I change this to the funniest time I cried- when I was pregnant and horomonal- I cried at the drive through window of Fazolli's when I saw the employee taking extra special care while icing my cinnamon bread sticks. He was making sure to get even amounts of icing on both bread sticks. I thought he was doing such a good job that I cried.. true story.
10 years ago... working days at training table as lead counter girl I might add. going to night school at the center for travel education, getting my hair cut too short and having Jason tell me I looked like a mushroom. driving around in my 1986 jetta that did not reverse, I had to put it in neutral and push it backwards out of the parking spots, then jump in quick. It would also collect water right above the clutch when it would rain, and then dump it on my foot when I pushed the clutch in.
today to do list: feed babies, change babies diapers, give babies medicine, sleep about 45 min if possible, look in the mirror at how exhausted and ugly I am.
snacks: gatorade- I can't get enough. crisp apples. cheese and crackers, carnation instant breakfast, yogurt.
bad habits: I have OCD really bad right now- especially making sure all lights are turned off, blinds being opened, dishes being stacked color coordinated, clothes being hung on plastic hangers.
places I've been ... Punta Cana, St Lucia, Antigua, Kona, Cancun.
Memories: finding out I was knocked up, seeing my babies for the first time, Jason telling me he loved me for the first time on the beach in the Bahamas. Relaxing on the tressel in Island Park- my favorite place on earth. Everything about my wedding day.

Lyndsay said...

What about ME? Or are you planning my vacation for me, including airfare reeeeel cheep?
I must hear the Kim/Kimee story.
I LOVE the pic of Nate with the birds. It makes it look like he maybe slipped out of your house one day and you, once again, found him with the birds.

D. James said...

Not to be hyper-technical, but I believe it's spelled "Wal~Mart" as opposed to "Wal*Mart"... 2207 is still Groovin' in Fort Union.