Monday, November 26, 2007

Help me out

Hands down, this is my favorite sign we've come across in Toledo...we have several runners up, but I wanted to share the winner. We pass this sign twice each week-once on the way to church, once on the way home from church. Even though it would even be considered a local call for me, I can't do it. I'm not suggesting any one of you flood their lines, but the sign has me curious in a Ruben in Las Vegas type of way (still my favorite story, Tom).
Some questions I have:
Are there varying levels of clown.
Does one pay less for a clown in training, etc.
Do clowns deliver themselves, or does one have to pick him/her up.
Is this the most effective way to advertise.
Am I participating in a performance art piece.
Are clowns still utilized so much that a sign is needed to direct their customers.

2 comments:

Jessarella said...

That is classic. Please apply Liz.

Ruth said...

I can answer this one. On one of my favorite TV shows, Numbers, all the answers to your clown questions were addressed. The clowns first posed as cable repair men, to get a good idea of the home layout and the family patterns. Then the clowns were booked for a birthday party, and then arrived in a white van without windows. You guessed it.. they were there to kidnap a small child and hold her ransom. This is a perverse ruse for kidnappers. I don't know where my fear for clowns came from, but I feel it must be an evolutionary advantage to protect me, so I just go with it. Please reference my gothic clown doll picture, showing the real nature of clowns...