Thursday, April 4, 2013

Finishing up January

I hate hurriedly rushing over the last few months, but I realized it's April, and April minus January = a few months. So January.  In addition to aging, I experienced my last few moments of financial stress and freedom all rolled into one.  Whilst waiting for my license to clear, I began job hunting.  More on that later.  In the meantime, here's what I/we did!
 
I got rid of a lot of clothes!  Some in our house (Nate) probably can't tell a difference, but as a result of a few "20 item challenge"s, Savers got themselves a few loads from my closet.  It felt good so I tried to capitalize on my motivation for as long as possible.  It's since gone away...so there.  And that's the pilot light, not my attempt to incinerate said unwanted clothing. 

Chinese New Year!  We found ourselves with several observers of this holiday in the atrium at the Bellagio.  I was a big fan of the flower pants.  If I had some of those, I wouldn't get rid of them.  Hear that Nate?  I.wouldn't.get.rid.of them.

The Bellagio didn't disappoint with their display this year...if I wasn't so good at killing plants, I would've stolen some of these for our house. 

 

Mal wasn't at the Bellagio.  But with my increased time at home the last few months, I had a lot of cat time.  Some of this cat time might not have been appreciated by all present, but whatever. 

Kathryn seemed fine with it.  And YES, the Christmas tree stayed up forever. 


I made a collection of items stolen by said cats.  I found quite a haul that clearly Kathryn was very interested in immediately.  Included in the find: Jim's chapstick from 1.5 years ago, a tithing slip and a halloween straw. 

Some of us laid on fresh laundry.  The word on the street is that it is clean and warm, thereby more attractive to hair up lay on.

Some of us fed the local fowl.  Nate loves animals and hates wasting, so pigeon feeding is a win-win for him.  I noted he was competing with the Pigeon Lady (think "Mary Poppins" 'feed the birds' lady, rough her up and make her a homeless woman in Las Vegas), but she seemed to be okay with a break from her duties. 

Oh yes.  We also enjoyed no snow.  :) 

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Yeah for found chapstick!!! Love the updates!!!