Friday, February 24, 2012

Big 5

Has it already been five years since Nathan and I stopped at the Del Taco on 13th east and 8400 south for a disgusting quick burger before our wedding reception??  Indeed it has!  To celebrate, we headed to San Diego/Carlsbad area for one last freeish hotel stay. 

Our welcome fruits!

After breakfast/view of the golf course.

The La Costa staff gingerbread house contest. 

Early in the day...

Later in the day...

Our second night there it was so hazy and foggy and we loved it.  After our soak in the hot tub, we headed out for Five Guys and ice cream.  I have nothing to defend our unhealthy meal, but throw in the raspberry diet coke offered at Five Guys and it was perfect. 





"Hmm, decorations??  In December?  Maybe in a few more weeks..."

Our fun fireplace breakfast area. 


My smile is genuine in this picture.  This was the week I had started Practicum and I was immensely stressed; especially about leaving town.  But being away from everything and remembering all of my blessings, and spending time with Nathan was just what I needed...


....and feeding birds is usually what Nate needs when we visit California.  :) 

I debated including this picture, but since this is mostly my journal, it stays.  Nathan surprised me with a ring I love and don't really deserve.  On the up side, it frees Nathan of having to shop for Liz gifts for quite a long time. 

Pretty Carlsbad beach. 

Having occasions to celebrate are fun, but I am mostly grateful for the reason for the occasion in the first place. 

8 comments:

JonJon said...

Raspberry Diet Coke??? Is that a thing now? Must have...

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M. Harrison said...

Love you guys...happy 5th!

Liz said...

Found at Five Guys and a few other places (I've seen them at some airports too); it's a space machine that lets you choose your beverage of choice (diet or no, caffeine or no) then you can choose a flavor. Divine!!

Our Family said...

Yeah for Higley family getting hitched. Love you guys!

They have one of those space drink things at Noodles too.

Denise said...

Love the ring. Nathan told Josh and I about it during our visit to Vegas. Didn't get to see it then. It is lovely!

Jael said...

HAPPY FIVE YEARS!!! You guys are neat.

CANDACE said...

gorgeous ring! happy 5 years! <3