Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ketchup

Today I was making dinner (wha?) and I actually ran out of ketchup.  I don't remember ever running out of ketchup.  I think we've always moved before this happened; I think it really just means we've been eating more sweet potato fries (a gift!), but I'll count it as a milestone.  But seriously...

Milestone 1: Did I mention that I made dinner tonight??

Milestone 2: It wasn't gross. 

Milestone 3: Today was my first day without a job, and not because we are moving out of state, in a lot of years.  I feel relieved to be done with my job, but I feel an identity crisis coming on.  To combat these feelings, I made my sister drive through our neck of the woods so I could catch up with her family.  It was a nice moment to realize I normally wouldn't be able to do something like that during the day.

This work milestone isn't being mentioned to rub anything in, I will be working again very soon.  I will first need to adjust to not working (for money) as a travel agent, and then I will need to adjust to not knowing what I am doing at my internship.  A woman I spoke with on my last day at GoGo said, "the problem is you know how to do everything this week and you won't know how to do anything next week".  Right you are, Shannon. 

Milestone 4: I actually am eligible to walk for graduation this year, so I am officially registered!  And yes, the commencement exercises will be inside a casino/hotel.  I think hockey is played there once in a while too.  Perfect! 

Milestone 5: I have clients (for my practicum) that I think I have actually helped in some way.  Best feeling in the world. 

5 comments:

CANDACE said...

Glad you are blogging again! Sweet potato fries are awesome. Wish we could go to your graduation! :( I'm sure the first few days will feel awkward but you've had practicom patients to help you prepare. You'll be doing what you love as an intern and so things will click quickly and you'll be great, too! I'm so excited for you! <3 Congrats!

Our Family said...

So excited for all of these good changes in your family. For a minute I thought you were doing a play on words ketchup post / catch-up post. Ha! Ha! Too bad you don't live closer I have like 20 bottles of ketchup that expire in march. We obviously don't go through it very fast either :)

Stacey said...

Good luck with the new job and YAAY for the end of the old. We go through a shocking amount of ketchup these days---something to do with a little boy in the house. Yay for cooking!! Do you want to come to our house? ;)

Liz said...

I'll be swinging by a few houses for ketchup...:)

Ruth said...

You should have told me, I could have picked up some ketchup at the ghetto Vons... :) We loved seeing you too, we need to do that more often. :)

I think Shannon's comments are applicable in many situations of life. Enjoy the freedom of limbo. :)