After the firetruck arrived, I was fitted with a neck brace and was told I'd be taken to the hospital in an ambulance. Exciting, but I didn't really feel like being strapped to a board (I was wearing a skirt and barbie shoes). I called Nate, who luckily doesn't start work until Thursday, so he was able to act as my silver ambulance and moral support.
The only accident I've really been in was me hitting someone just like Rabara* hit me. I found out today in the police report that there was a bug on her leg that distracted her. Rabara seemed so upset, but she was insured; I could've hugged her! Well...I did. As I was leaving I told her everything was fine, that I felt okay and nothing was seriously wrong. She said she just had a friend get in an accident and she felt bad causing something like that for someone else. So I gave her a little hug and told her to have a good day. We moved my limping Carol to a nearby parking lot so she was off the street. Last night after Nate's birthday festivities, we went and picked her up so she's safe at the house. We went to Toledo Hospital just to make sure everything was okay; I'm pretty sore but everything is normal. Lucky, lucky, lucky right? I don't often take a positive spin on a situation, but I felt really blessed with the whole situation and grateful to all the kind people around me.
An unexpected bonus: "Linda Graham from Dr. Petroski's office" has already called twice to remind me that I will need to visit a chiropractor soon, and before I worry about talking to the medical claim adjuster. Right. Wow, thanks Linda. Who are you again??
*name has been changed
Proof of my hospital visit-I wore it back to work just to be a show off in case I was questioned. Um, also proof that I've inherited my mom's good veins.
The recovering patient at Nate's birthday party; look how fat Kathryn is-it was a good indication that my strength wasn't suffering

9 comments:
oh no, liz!!!
i'm so sorry that happened, but i am super glad you are ok. :(
Oh my gosh, I was thinking a small fender bender. Oh dear, poor Carol!!!! What is the verdict on the car?
I'm so glad you are OK! Poor Carol!
Glad you are okay! Your car looks horrible, I am glad you walked away from it alright!
You are one tuff mutha! I am so sorry you were in an accident! Take care of yourself!
So glad to hear you are okay. Good luck car shopping. I meant to ask you today, but does The Toledo have a ksl.com equivalent?
Liz, we are glad that you are OK and hope that you find a good replacement Carol soon. Haven't tried to watch Vertigo yet, but will try soon. Tell Nate we love him even though we forget when his birthday is every year. We find out only after someone had said that they sent something for him. Sorry.
So glad that you are ok. Take care of yourself, whiplash can be very painful.
Liz - I am so glad you are ok - that looks like the car is a mess! Take it easy!! Poor Carol - she may not recover!
Post a Comment