In a post a few months ago, I shared a bit about my licensing/work issues. I am happy to announce my status has changed! I'm not, like this excited:
![]() |
| I think I almost hate this picture. |
But I am probably this excited:
I realized some time ago that I am not the jump up and down type of person, but if I ever was going to be, this would be one of those times. As of June 14 I am a CPC-Intern! And while I still haven't started my new job, at this point I at least can. :) I'm scheduled to start at my new place next Monday, July 8.
After my post about all this in April, I got a phone call from the licensing board that I think set me back about a week. The voicemail I received whilst I was at work and couldn't do anything about it said that they wanted to know if I could come in earlier that morning for my interview. A few issues. It was 1:00pm when the message was left. I hadn't ever received an interview time. Apparently, I was supposed to have received an email (which I didn't) for an interview that very day. A few ulcers days later, I was told I would need to wait until the next board meeting. I was disappointed and frustrated, but there was nothing else to do except continue to show up at my temp job and pretend I liked waking up at 5:30am. So I did for about another month until I heard from them again. This time, I did get the email and information I was supposed to; and after several efforts to just get the day off like a normal person, I called in sick that morning and headed to UNLV for my interview. I was nervous and scared (nothing new) but the interview went well. The vignette question they asked me was one I knew, so I passed apparently.
The next snag was a bunch of paperwork that was still needed. I guess I foolishly expected the board to let me know what I was still missing; a mistake I won't make again, I guess. Anyway, that meant I had to rush around the next week or so and get a few pieces of paper signed. That eventually all worked out and in the meeting on June 14, I was approved!
I got a letter the next day telling me so; next big task: quitting my temp job. I knew I wanted to start soon, but I also knew I wanted some time off. So the following Wednesday afternoon, I called OfficeTeam and let them know I'd be done after that week. They were gracious enough to let me tell my supervisor myself. ;) Looking back though, that probably was my preference. With Nate's help, I wrote up and email and sent it off the next morning. My supervisor didn't ever directly respond to the email, but as I walked into a meeting, he just said "Hey Liz, I got your email; do you want to stay?" Uhhh...
I did stay for another whole two days; after my secret taco celebration (the team lead wanted to get me lunch on Friday so she bought tacos for everyone...but no one knew it was for my departure) and a few goodbyes, my time as a temp worker was over!
Working there was a good thing. Leaving there was also a good thing, I think. Lame as it may sound, I didn't think I could handle working in a job like that for any period of time, let alone almost 5 months. So, here's to accomplishments. :)
As everything began to soak in, the inevitable happened...fear! I think it really will eventually be fine, just in the meantime I feel a little jittery over things. I think these are the moments that I regret not staying at the hospital, because at least I was used to a similar setting. I've been so far away from that that I fear I will have forgotten. When I told my family about the licensing, I referenced Joe vs the Volcano....
![]() |
| "we're on a raft...there's no land in sight; I don't know..." |
I relate to him in that once he accomplished a huge task (in his case escaping from a live volcano), he still could see the rest of the challenge ahead instead of stopping for a moment to enjoy the success.
There will always be something to improve on and another challenge to face...so in the meantime; I will enjoy a success. :)




2 comments:
Hooray. Now that you're official, there are some things I need to discuss with you. In private. For a fee.
Yeah!!!! Yeah!!! and Yeah!!! So happy for you.
Post a Comment