Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Birthday times

I don't know how it happened after only one year, but for some reason my mind was getting ready for us to go to Phoenix for Nate's birthday.  Unfortunately, that was not to be, but we still decided to "get out of town" in a way...we found a deal to one of the hotels out at Lake Las Vegas and played tourist for a few nights.  Until now this seemed silly, but it really did make a difference; it felt like we were actually out of town and we had a great time celebrating.  First on the agenda...the Ferrari/Maserati store at the Wynn! 
 
They didn't allow photography once inside, so this is as close as we could get.  It was really cool, and we both left feeling like we didn't have to obtain a Ferrari and/or Maserati at any point in our life.  However, if we had bought one, the cost of admission would've been refunded.  Something to think about. 
  
We took a little time and checked out their garden atrium.  It was no Bellagio, but still really pretty and fun to check out a different hotel. 
 
The Electric Daisy Carnival was in town, so sometimes the safest place to look was up...less tutus and drunk people that way.  :)  But seriously. 
 
Trying out the self-portrait option on my phone.
 
Dress (?) shopping. 

People watching at Fashion Show Mall was the tops.  These are the faces we wanted to make at all we saw. 

I matched, so...
 
Caesar getting into the EDC spirit. 

A fellow diner getting into the kitty spirit. 

Nate's birthday cake.  Made by Red Lobster.  So...I didn't have to make it and I got to eat some of it.  Win, win. 
 
Merry Christmas Happy birthday!

Because of all our adventures, we didn't get to presents until later that night.  Nate still looked great; I know someone else who did not...luckily it was his birthday, after all.  :)

So much like Christmas morning...

New shave kit!  The soap and holder is Dutch, the razor German, and the aftershave lotion (thanks to Ruth) is Italian.  He's so international. 
 
Walking the grounds before church. 


 
 
Pretty area, but it was super hot, so we moved along to church pretty quickly. 

 The ward we found had an issue with the a/c, so it was also super hot for church...following a theme for us, I suppose.  Even so, the weekend was fun, relaxing and so birthday-y.  Happy birthday Nathan! 
 


1 comment:

Our Family said...

I think Staycations totally are the way to go for birthday celebration :)Glad you had fun!