Monday, June 18, 2012

Some firsts

I've had a productive week! 

This is Nate holding the bird (not ours) that has previously hated me.

This is me actually holding him!  We had to be tricksy, but he stayed on once it was just me.  :) 

We made banana bread!  I say we because Nate was so nice and mixed it all up while I was getting my hair done and I baked it. ("baking" also includes cleaning the beaters and spatula...it was SO tasty) For the record, the actual bread is tasty also!

I made a dress!  It wasn't anything too complicated, but it is comfy and wearable (unlike the first dress I ever attempted to make).  This is the top half...it's a t-shirt connected to a skirt...sort of based on this pattern.

This is the best I could do...the kitties weren't helping with the photography...but you get the general idea.  This may be the first time I sewed something (I actually will wear) on my own! 

Huzzah for new things!   

2 comments:

CANDACE said...

What a cute dress! Love it!

Our Family said...

A very productive week indeed! Very impressive. By chance were those Sandy bananas in that banana bread :)