Monday, June 11, 2012

Gradumation!

I must preface all this with the statement that the University printed on the program: "Attending this ceremony does not automatically imply that a participant is degree-complete.  All academic credits, financial obligations and the completed diploma application are required prior to official degree conferral."  FINE.  But I kind of graduated! 
This last weekend I walked for graduation with the other 900 some University of Phoenix students at a surprisingly nice ceremony inside the Orleans Arena.  Here are some highlights:


Not my favorite person, but a person who had some good thoughts at times and has made me appreciate my current supervisor and faculty advisor.   A LOT.  :)


Party sparkles after the ceremony.


Half of my face on the left...


Dad, Liz, Mom.


Liz and the J. Harrison kids.


Alisha (snuggling), Liz, and Jim.


Jackie, Liz, Nathan, and Mom Lisa. 


Finally got rid of the robe! 


Graduation lunch at Bahama Breeze.  As always, it was delicious and it was fun to visit with everyone. 


Nathan and Jackie. 


Our graduation picture which will also be counting as our Easter picture (we forgot this year). 


Huzzah for Costco and Steve/Michelle for giving me the idea! 


Me practicing for blowing out the...fireplace.  We didn't have candles, so we went for the next fire source. 


Me (getting emotional) reading cards. 


My new toy!  Thanks to Nate and my family for my sewing machine and other gifts. 


Now that I'm somewhat official, it's apparently okay for me to point at people when I talk.  :) 
 While I'm not completely done (December 18th!), I enjoyed my experience this weekend.  It was a great excuse to see lots of family all at once and it made me stop and think about all of my blessings that have been there in order to get me this far.  Thank you to Nathan and my family for his support, encouragement, and patience.  I don't know if I would've had the energy to keep going alone.  xoxo

4 comments:

Our Family said...

So fun to be there! Congratulations again!!! Such a great thing to accomplish. It was a wonderful celebration weekend.

Jeff & Liberty said...

Congrats to you!

Jody Neeley said...

Congrats Liz! That is so awesome. Good luck with the last little bit of school :)

M. Harrison said...

We are so happy for you Liz! We are glad that you liked the gift, and you are already a pro it looks like. Loves from Idaho.