Friday, June 1, 2012

Bennifer Eclipse

Ben, Jenn and Gray visited us to see the recent eclipse, Vegas-style.  For the record, nothing is different about a Vegas-style eclipse, but it sounds hot, right? 

One of my many attempts to capture the eclipse...we could see it after staring at the sun several times (yes, we know we weren't supposed to) and it was exciting. 

But not as exciting as this!

Enjoying the dimmed sunlight...little did we know we had stepped away from a recently awoken baby whose form of enthusiasm for the eclipse took the form of infant wrath.  Sorry, Gray. 

We determined a modified salute to the sun helped us view the eclipse a bit better. 

Monday we headed out to Lake Las Vegas to check it out.  It's beautiful out there and pretty desolate...two things I like, so I think we'll visit again. 

Did I mention it was boiling?  Gray took matters into his own hands and cooled off, fountain-style. 





After shopping and eating a few times, we headed to the atrium of the Bellagio for their summer display.  They were messing around with the lights quite a bit, but it was still very pretty.


I'm lucky I have a husband that doesn't get embarrassed...


so is Jenn...;)


Until next time!!



1 comment:

Our Family said...

Looks like fun! We realized it was the eclipse when we were driving to your parents and saw a whole buch of the Page family in their front yard with nifty glasses. True story :)