Friday, March 16, 2012

"Old age is fifteen years older than I am." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Staying busy on my birthday worked last year, so we tried it again; this time in Utah! 

My first birthday wish from Lyndsay and Erik.  Daphne was trying to steal the attention by having croup.  BABY. 

These dogs made my day.  They were so pose-y. 

Ditto on both for this one.  AND he's carrying around a dolly. 

Me and my birthday cat cake. 

Ruth is a cake genius. 



One of the best parts of opening presents with (almost) everyone is the crowd of cousins watching. 

I got to explain to Afton why Tom and Stace gave me a squirrel.  It's awesome, by the way.  It's hanging up in our office. 

Along with the dog birthday wishes, I also had more sleepy, cat versions. 


Looking to the future. 

Sicely and Uncle Nathan. 

She can't even believe how strong he is. 

Cake take two!

Excited party guest #1: Jackie.

Excited party guest #2: Jessica.  (she wanted to make sure the spacers were shown...she got her wish!)

Opening presents with Ivie. 
Having a happy birthday.  Thank you everyone.  xoxo.

3 comments:

CANDACE said...

so what is the squirrel story? also, y'all wear lots of green out in utah! :)

Our Family said...

yeah for birthdays. Plus I like the fact that you enjoy having you nieces and nephews celebrate with you :) Already need you guys to come up again soon.

Stacey said...

Love all the pictures! Small correction on the ditto dog--Steve is actually a girl so the dolly totally makes sense. :) Oh, and I'm glad my kitties are making an appearance on a blog somewhere. They'll be so happy.