Saturday, July 16, 2011

Why Vegas can be cool

I've wanted to use this post title for a while, but I couldn't find the exact moment. It's possible because right now the weather is stifling and it sometimes (sometimes) feels worse than being stuck inside during the winter in Toledo. It makes sense to be limited when the weather is snow, but not just the sun. ANYWAY...I was on facebook of all places and those annoying ads decided to tell me about Ben Folds coming to Las Vegas! Two days later, we found ourselves here:




This is at one of the pool's at the Cosmopolitan hotel. They apparently drain the pool, raise the floor of said pool, and suddenly they have a concert venue.



This is my (understated) happy concert face.


Here are some of our fellow concert goers. Plaid decided to get drunk early and yell at Ben Folds. I don't know why girl stayed with him, but she seemed used to it. At least I know when Nate yells it's just to make people around us uncomfortable enough to give us some space (it works). The other girls pictured weren't really fans, so I'm not sure why they attended. My sense of etiquette and love for Ben made me want to get rid of these two. When one of them got too close to me, I settled for accidentally clapping too enthusiastically until she moved a little.




Ben! It was general admission, and we made the sacrifice of standing around for a couple hours, but were rewarded with great "seats".



His piano playing always has me amazed, so it was fun to be closer to see more of it. (my piano practicing here at home today will seem really weak, I'm thinking)





After the concert, view from one of the balconies. Vegas has been hard for me to adjust to, honestly. This concert was just what I needed; we had a beautiful night, fabulous music, a great view, and Nathan and I finally got to hear our song (yes, "Luckiest" is ours) together; live. Thanks, Ben.

5 comments:

CANDACE said...

I love that you got to see Ben Folds & had a great time. I especially love that you enthusiastically clapped away those girls; I had to fight the urge to push down the arena some obnoxious drunk frat boy foo fighters fans during weezer's set at a weezer/foo fighters concert.

M. Harrison said...

I love all of the lights down there. Despite all the non-desirable things on the strip, I think they look beautiful from a good view at night. I am glad that you guys had a fun evening.

Our Family said...

What if I (pause) was born (pause) seven years before you (pause) in a house..... :)
I am glad you went. I thought his concert was really good too (last year anyways). Looks like an awesome venue!!!! I think you need to come see how cool Sandy is soon too. We miss you guys!!!

Our Family said...

Just realized how totally wrong I got the lyrics :) Ha! Ha! Oh, well he still does the pauses..

Annette Harrison said...

I probably shouldn't admit this-Never heard of this guy. I'm glad you had a great time. Out of the Loop Mom :)