
Happy (albeit tired) to arrive!

Me staring at nothing while the food was on its way.

Nate smiling at me while the food was on its way.

View from our lunch table.

Sunset.

Before dinner.

After dinner. (yes, we had 3 desserts between us)

Morning beach walk.

Engaged?? No. I found a ring I had lost since November. IN MY POCKET. For those keeping track, I lost Nate's ring in Ohio for about the same amount of time under similar circumstances.


Rained out.

Eating at the pub.

Finding a bat outside the pub.

K. Large mountain. This is what Nate and I signed up to climb. Later we would realize we basically both dared each other to do this without realizing it, but at this point, it was too late. The drive to the mountain caused 3 people to throw up...not a great start.

Me trying to keep up with Cameron, our 17 year old flip-flop wearing guide. He may have been going for a good tip, but he said that both Nate and I looked about 25, max.
Cha-
ching, Cameron.

Nate and I at the top. It was about 2 hours up and 2 hours down. The view was beautiful, but cloudy. The clouds (and rain) however, were mostly likely my saving grace. I don't know if I would've survived with the sun out.

At the half way point. In the background is Petite Piton (we were climbing
Gros Piton).

Happy to be done, back at the resort and ready to eat again. It was a great experience, but I'm embarrassed to note that I didn't walk normally for about 4 days.
4 comments:
Yeah for blog update of pictures. Of course I have to keep repeating to myself "Trying not to be jealous, trying not to be jealous, trying not to be jealous" :) Looks like a wonderful trip (hike and food episode included) Glad you got to go. Next time you should watch our perfectly well behaved kids (wink, wink,) while Jim and I go. I am sure it would be just as fun :)
I loved looking at all the pictures, what a gorgeous place! I am SUPER impressed that you guys climbed that mountain - wow!
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Great job on the steep-death trap-looking mountain climb. I don't blame you for being sore.
That mountain is crazy! I'm impressed! :) What a lovely place. I'm with Lish--trying not to be jealous.
Post a Comment