Monday, August 10, 2009

Introducing Phyllis

I'm happy about my new car. I am. I'm happy that, for the most part, my interaction with State Farm is now at a normal level. Hopefully, I'll never have to tell another claims adjuster that I want to file my claims through the other person's insurance. I won't have to remind them that the accident wasn't my fault ever again. Right?

A week and a half ago, we found a car that I liked and was in our price range. We bought it from a guy from Ann Arbor who seemed honest enough and very emphatic about political awareness. Since Nate and I are almost apolitical, our conversations were short...

So, without further ado, I introduce my 2001 Toyota Corolla, Phyllis!

She's a good car, and it's exciting to have my own car again. However, I don't trust her yet. I knew Carol's history, what I'd had fixed, what noises she made and approximately how much it would cost to get those noises fixed. With Phyllis, I don't know...there are noises, some are harmless enough, but honestly, I'm not really sure how harmless they are. According to my dream last night, the repairs (my car died on an imaginary road trip) would be anywhere from 1500.00 to 2000.00. I can't quite get those numbers out of my head, so I still feel nervous. I really shouldn't pay attention to my dreams though; if I did that, there's a 10 story high semi truck (made of bricks/cement) driving around downtown Chicago. I saw it!

I'm sure I'll get over my fears of a new car soon; welcome to the family, Phyllis!

6 comments:

Our Family said...

Oh Goody! A new member of the family. Congratulations. She is beautiful and a very good mix of you and Nate :) Also where is the name from? You need to put that in a blog....

Duston said...

I LOVE your car names!

Ruth said...

First we try, then we trust. :) (obscure movie line...) She's a good ship. The lollipop...

Lyndsay said...

You have to trust Phyllis until she gives you a reason not to.
We have yet to begin naming our cars, which is a big mistake, given that we have two silver hondas. For now it's "my car" and "your car," which is so boring.

Annette Harrison said...

I love the name! It is much better than Akasha. (What does that mean? Name of patient's new baby girl). Phyllis is just old fashioned enough to be cool!

Freckleking's said...

Ruth has been watching Star Trek the Next Generation on Youtube again..."What is its armament? 7."