Phyllis....
just to update those who haven't heard my rant, I'm carless again, in a sense. See, I have Phyllis, but she's illegal to drive. I truly wish it was as exotic as it sounded. A week and a half ago, I drove downtown to the DMV to get the car registered. While waiting for Nate in the parking lot, some chic threw the door of her Cadillac open and hit Phyllis. I wanted it to be my turn to hit...something? I got out of the car, checked it out and fortunately there is no damage. It was also really nice to hear no words of apology from the culprit. Anyway...
So we first found out that Phyllis is a salvage car. Ask me if I care 3 weeks ago...no. Ask me if I care today, yes! Apparently, in Ohio, a salvage car is kind of the unwanted stepchild (I'd say red haired stepchild, but I happen to really like red hair). With a salvage car, one needs to first purchase a salvage title for the state we live in (car was originally from Wisconsin), then one must purchase an "inspection packet". In this case a "packet"=a receipt that says I've paid $50 for a highway patrolman to check out my car....in a month. I called and the soonest appointment available was September 16. Huzzah! So on top of all that, I'd been driving this car illegally for 2 weeks with no idea...the one time I'm totally risky, I don't even realize it; shameful.
I've been without a car for an additional 2 weeks, and I'm getting more walks in, and (hopefully) getting a bit more patient with waiting for rides. After a bit of time, I've come to terms with my resting car in the garage. I haven't come to terms with my feelings toward the DMV, but luckily I've got plenty of time to do so.
On the bright side of all of this, we took Phyllis in for a physical and she only needed a bolt and a back tail light replaced. I need to find more bright sides to this...I'll let you know when I think of them.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
One bright side is that you won't have to be an Ohio Bus patron. I can only imagine what that would be like!!
Oh, we got a good laugh out of your post...and Steve said that he has seen that possessed picture of a cat before. :) That sucks about the salvage junk; can't you just register a car and call it good! Happy moves as well, although you guys are a little behind...you need to have a good move every year to keep down on clutter and just give you more excitement!
Post a Comment