Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's like a fun crash...


Nate in the birthday stocks

For a belated birthday celebration, Nate and I had planned to visit Cedar Point this past Saturday. My little neck injury (read: soreness) made me a bit nervous. PLUS, several of the attorney's brochures asked a valid question: "how do I k now if I've been hurt?". It's called a hospital. You visit. They check you out and tell you to take some ibuprofen. At least that's what I thought. Apparently, I could have waited a week after the accident, called an attorney's office and have one of their nurses on staff check me out. Shoot. Maybe next time.


My collection of options...
Anyway, we decided to follow through with our original plans and we weren't disappointed. The weather was great, we actually wore sunblock, and somehow managed to survive 12 hours in a roller coaster park that boasts the best rotating tattoo design collection in the state of Ohio. Impressive, guys.



Okay, you can't see the tattoo very well in the picture, but the guy has a bull ring in his nose. It must've been new, cause he kept smushing his face up against it-you can almost see that in the picture.

Speaking of bull rings, who doesn't love cows???

We visited Cedar Point last year and were excited to return to find rides we'd missed out on. One such gem is called "Mean Streak". "Mean Streak" is a horrible wooden roller coaster that should be burned (in a controlled setting) down. After the first hill, I wanted to jump out; my spinal column was jarred to the point of tears. My friend Lyndsay compared the roller coaster to being thrown down a flight of wooden stairs. My only question to her: how would you know.



I must've had a feeling about this one-this picture was taken before we got on the roller coaster

Because of a slushee and my motion sickness pills, I stayed hydrated and somewhat healthy. However, I noticed on some of the rides that I experienced extreme fear...like, "this may be my last moment, at least Nate is here" type of thoughts. I realized that a lot of roller coasters/rides feel much like a fun, controlled car crash. My (hopefully) temporary fear of collision hasn't gone away, and it may not for a little while. Monday I found out my car will in fact be totaled, so we'll be shopping soon. On the bright side, all this car business makes Cedar Point seem not so expensive...I mean, can State Farm offer me a $5 pretzel that includes cheese?


Although not a roller coaster, this ride freaked me out...but it was fun. :)

2 comments:

Our Family said...

That last picture looks CRAZY!!!!! Did you really ride it? Let me know how car shopping went..... Do you have a name picked out for your next addition?

Stacey said...

Is that picture of the cow, or the beautiful people in the back with matching his and hers tats, (and yes I'm referring to tatoos)