Sunday, June 22, 2008

Impatient


I don't know if mine and Nate's sleep schedule could be more different. Saturday morning I woke up around 8:30am, alone. Worried something had happened, I quickly got out of bed and found Nate washing the dishes...hooray! (Dish washing isn't uncommon, I was just relieved everything was okay). Excited at the prospect of being awake at the same time, we went to the YMCA, picked up the house a little bit, then later in the evening ran errands and went out to dinner. In the midst of all that, Nate took a nap to catch up for the morning.

So last night, by the time we got around to watching a movie, I was completely ready for the day's end. I think my body gets frustrated that movies aren't about 25 minutes in length, cause that's usually as long as I last. Surprisingly, I fell asleep before a plot could be established, and I padded off to bed sometime after midnight. I'm not sure when Nate came to bed, but my REM cycles had long since began. Because this disparity in our sleep times is always present, I compromise and normally let Nate sleep in on Sunday mornings even though I want him to be awake when I am. This morning, I'm impatient. It's his birthday, and already he's missed out on so much. So far, I've wrapped his present, messed up a perfectly good banana bread recipe, and watched a cat expel her breakfast. Doesn't he realize all of these things are for him?

Happy Birthday Nate.

4 comments:

D. James said...

Let's not let Nate's birthday overshadow an equally important event... my birthday. 1st day of Cancers rule.

Jody Neeley said...

Hi Guys! We found your link on Tom and Stacey's blog, happy to be able to keep in touch better! Hope all is going well for you, check out our blog if you get the chance. Mike and Jody Neeley.

Stacey said...

I am a schmuck...Sorry Nate.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Are WAFFLE HOUSE coupouns still okay? :) We love you Nate.

Ruth said...

The cat's were gifting the more pleasant of their two exports. That's love. That's total love.