Saturday, June 7, 2008

Breaking my rule...for Ruth

My sister Ruth has asked me to clarify and introduce the cats. The last few weeks we've unfortunately been through a few cats and even more names, so here's the final word...for now.



This is Maleficent, the newest addition to our family. She is about 2 years old and tiny; she meows a ton as if she is a bit disgruntled; maybe it's because I often feel the same way, but I'm a fan of her vocal complaints. My friend Jessica is responsible for her name; we call her Mal for short.


This is Kathryn, the survivor from our original pair. She was originally Thomasina, so I've called her Thom for the last 2 weeks. Nate found it creepy to pick up and nuzzle a female animal with the same name as my brother (Tom), so we made a switch. Before we even decided on Thom, we had called her "cat" for a while, so we figured Kathryn was pretty close.
So...there you go. Tom and Stacey, send over your favorite kitty cross stitch, we are ready. :)

2 comments:

Jessarella said...

Yay, I am so proud that you used Maleficent! It is a great name for a Black cat.

So when you call her Mal, I just want to clarify that it doesn't stand for Mary Ann Leone? As long as you don't dress her in leopard table runners and pearl eye shadow then we are good.

Liz said...

It's really the heels that get her; they are too tiny to hold her up. She keeps talking about this pizza joint in New York and calling me Elizabeth...?