Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Utah weekend in phone pictures

Last weekend, I went to Utah.  Surprise, right?  Well this trip in particular was to celebrate a Lyndsay visit, but I extended it to include family as well.  Nice of me, eh?  Actually, nice of them to feed and house me for the weekend.  This time I was solo because Nate was nice enough to stay and work.  Boo.  I brought our real camera, but the moments I captured were mostly impromptu, so the phone it is:


Baby glitter toes!  Ruth and I ventured out to Wal*Mart for cheaper-than-Sally Hansen finger and toenail stickers.  We found them and after two weeks, mine are still going strong.  Ruth had extra bits, so here are Bella's toes.  :) 


Saturday I hung out with the Cooks to snack, sew, and snack some more.  We also watched Disney propaganda that made me want to visit again.  Well played, Walt.  Ruth and the kids got sooo sleepy whilst I sewed (that's right) an apron.  So this is nap 1....

...and this is nap 2.

I met baby Violet!  This is the newest in my collection of nieces and she fits right in because she is beautiful!  She had a hard time wanting to keep her eyes open, but maybe it was just because the house was



sleepy in general. 

But not so sleepy that Tom wouldn't reenact the Circle of Life...



I stayed at Mom's house.  So did Jim's brood.  Luckily (for me), mom had a meeting Sunday morning, so I was partially responsible for "hair doing".  Lizzie actually let me flat-iron hers.  I suggested it to be funny, but apparently my cat power has pull in all sorts of ways I haven't explored.  She let me and she looked beautiful...like always, just a bit more grown up.  :)


After church, I read the comics whilst laying on my parents butter leather couch.  It's so soft and comfy that Nate can never resist the clutches of sleep:

December 2011

but I prevailed and enjoyed the kitty comic. 


I was able to witness a Bella fashion show from donated twin clothing.  This is what she settled on for a warm July afternoon...


Violet showing off again.  She was a bit more awake, but she looked so pretty here that I almost didn't want to.  We did of course wake her up, I just felt a little guilty.  :) 


Pretty flowers!  These were found in Jim's yard.  I want them to be found in my yard, but they won't until I find.a.yard. 


When I got home my glasses were ready at Costco!  Kathryn is just here so I don't feel so self-conscious.  I only need them for computer work, reading, and sewing (probably) and so far they've worked wonders.  Ps-the optical department in Las Vegas kinda sucks.  There was a moment that Nate turned to me and said "don't do anything you'll regret".  He knows me too well and I kept my critical mouth shut.  Another victory! 


By the way, I did get to visit Lyndsay for a bit and we had a great conversation re: why her Daphne doesn't like me and where Lyndsay got her yoga outfit (White Elegance).  We met up too early in the morning for pictures, so here is a semi-recent photo that we both approve of:

Taken before Daph realized she doesn't like me. 


2 comments:

CANDACE said...

Love your specs & your new niece!

Lyndsay said...

I had just gotten back from my yoga class--in heaven--but you wouldn't know about that, would you? (There were no kitties there, for the record).