Ruth came to visit! She and her family weren't able to attend my graduation in June, so this was the compromise. I officially love compromises! :) Ruth flew down Thursday morning and stayed until Sunday afternoon.
We kicked things off by getting back to basics. We hadn't thrift shopped together and sans children in a long while, so we were due. We headed to Goodwill first, then a long, but successful stop at the DI before heading to Firehouse for lunch. Ruth ordered something gross, so we shared a bit. We went over to Michael's for some supplies and overheard this gem:
(2 dudes)
"So the worker couldn't find what I was looking for, but I passed a display of the Ahh Bra. Of course I would head to Michael's if I was looking for a bra."
We giggled from the aisle over and made a quick exit.
Once Nate arrived home from work, he squired us around town...
| At the Bellagio lobby. |
| Fountains at Caesar's Palace. |
| Shark tank at the Golden Nugget...(I think Fremont Street permanently scarred Ruth) |
| Madame Tussaud's!! |
The following pictures look just as creepy as they were live!
| Nate and his friends. |
| K, Bradley Cooper freaks me out so I had to get a photo with him...it's disconcerting to me because I feel like I somehow resemble him in this picture... |
| Nate and Mr. Freeze |
| I'm sorry mostly to my mom, but we couldn't resist. |
| Nate and Lemon Pickey. |
| I'm pretty sure I would make a bad back-up dancer. |
| Feeling patriotic. |
| Feeling suspicious... |
| After the wax, we watched the volcano show from across the street. |
| In the Palazzo. |
![]() |
| Flower making time! Ruth and I made all sorts of hair accessories while it rained...that's right, RAIN! :) |
![]() |
| Re potting my plant. |
Until next time!
*clown is now safe back with his owner in Utah.




4 comments:
Aww, you got a visit from your sister! Ruth is way cute!
Bradley Cooper=your long lost brother. How does that make you feel? Not bad, I hope; word in the gossip world is that he prefers male company. :)
I'm officially inviting myself to your next visit to a wax museum. What exactly was Ruth doing under the desk in the Oval Office? Wait--I don't want to know.
Yeah for Ruth visits! And I even noticed the flower in your hair on Sunday. Assuming it was made during Ruthican visit?
ha ha ha Loved reading about our trip, and thanks for not saying about how I was obsessing about going back to Savers to find the long lost dress...
Yes, until next time, let's just not make it 5 years!!
:)
Thanks for such a great trip, and for being wonderful host and hostess.
Post a Comment