Thursday, August 18, 2011

Brother Shakespeare said the prayer

Lately, I've been trying to think of any excuse to leave the Las Vegas area...it's too hot, and it just gets annoying. (Me...annoyed?)





So...a few weeks ago we planned a quick trip to Cedar City to participate in the Shakespeare Festival, well, festivities. I was a bit shocked that it wasn't 70 degrees (it just seemed like that would be nice), but it was still lovely. We drove to St. George first to partake of delights such as the outlet shops and Arctic Circle. After we'd gotten our fill of discount shoes and fish, we headed to Cedar.





After stumbling into the room for a much needed nap, we readied ourselves for the show and looked around:




Outside the Adams Shakespearean Theatre. (and yes Ruth, I did think of Ms. Butcher and her thespian children while I was here.)




Let's all pretend the lighting was better...we forgot our real camera, so we did what we make fun of everyone for doing and we used the camera phone exclusively.


Me near the May Pole. I told Nate in high school, I had performed a choreographed dance around a May Pole whilst singing to "Follow me down to Carlow" and he was way impressed.
Way.

Inside of the theatre. We saw Richard III and it was amazing. Nate mentioned that he's glad he's not dim-witted or else he would've been lost. I'm glad I've seen this so I wasn't lost. It's not often that my leisure activities match up with Elder Oaks, but they did that night. He and his wife Kristen were on the front row. I bet he didn't get lost in the plot either.

Sunday School on the campus.


Near the Shakespearean concessions...my ill-fitting jeans the night of the show convinced me I was fine without anything they were selling.




We found this beautiful spot after we finished our reading on the bleachers...while pretty, we realized it was too loud to hear each other, so we just took a few pictures...





...and Sabrina danced.




After we left the campus, we headed to church. We encountered a normal (noisy) ward and were delighted to hear that Brother Shakespeare would be saying the opening prayer.



Seriously.

5 comments:

CANDACE said...

That looks like it was so much fun!!!

Jael said...

YAAAAY for Cedar! Sounds like you guys had a blast, the plays are so much fun. Also, you should video your maypole dance. I would pay good money to see that.

Our Family said...

Looks like a nice weekend!!! Make sure to tell Nate we will be thinking of him tomorrow :)

Stacey said...

Looks like a super fun trip! Too bad the temps. were not in the 70s. Hopefully it was better than Vegas anyway. :)

Ruth said...

I'll bet Tiff was amazing...

:)

Lovely pictures, even if it was with a camera phone. You obviously must have a nicer phone than I do...
:)