Thursday, April 28, 2011

Coronado Island and Balboa Park

The day after Sea World, Nate and I recovered by sleeping in. Then we got lunch. Because it was about lunchtime. Oops. After we were ready for the day, we decided to check out Coronado Island . It was absolutely beautiful, but were happy we didn't actually stay at the hotel; we didn't really feel like we fit in. Our decision was solidified when Nate overheard a hotel goer end his story with "I don't even know how much he paid for it, but he only had $1400 in his pocket!!" (ha ha ha).




Our successful-ish self portrait.



In front of the hotel.



Someone had made this all out of sand; we also found a scary looking Easter bunny and Easter egg designs along the same path.



And yes, Nate had the camera most of the time. :)



Walkway in Balboa Park...once we got to the nice part of the park...before this point I found a disgusting invitation written on the bathroom stall and Nate witnessed a man wrapping his toes in twine (later he said it was a resistance band, but I thought his first version had more splash).



5 comments:

CANDACE said...

i got it now, you were in san diego! marc's ship was at the coronado base when we lived there...that drive over the coronado bridge is nuts. remember when it was shown in anchorman, and jack black kicks the dog off the bridge? we were watching that at the drive-in in san diego. it was really weird. anyway. san diego is gorgeous. hope you loved it!

Our Family said...

Ah, looks good. I want to wake up and eat lunch because it is lunchtime :) Glad you guys had a good time. It was so fun meeting up with you and having hamburgers and spicy fries. Remind me to show you a note Lizzie wrote about your cats. Hilarious!!

Ruth said...

Oh... I loved Balboa Park!! Great pictures, very jealous as it snowed again today.

Stacey said...

Gorgeous! Looks like a fun trip and I'm trying not to be jealous. :)

JonJon said...

I love Coronado Island!

Did Nate have the camera most of the time, or did you keep demanding that he take pictures of you? Hmmm?