Thursday, December 2, 2010

GOGOing Again

I'm back to work. I think I've officially been there a month or so, but with training, I've been in the office for three weeks now. Settling in is my most least favorite part; it's seems especially awkward because I'm coming back to the same position, but not really. I keep feeling like I should know what I'm doing, because I sometimes know, and sometimes I have no clue. It's a good test of my memory and self-esteem, but it's coming along nicely I think. I've already had a chance to talk to a few of my old favorite agents, and they give me moments when I feel like it's home. My co-workers are very nice and are helping me feel more comfortable. However:

Every time I've started a new job, I've compared it to my SLC GOGO job. I spent so much time there; during those years I went through a lot of things that my little family there helped me with, so I can't help but be attached. I can't help but be nostalgic and a little dramatic when I now talk to someone from Trips, and there's no one around to really giggle about it, or when I have yet another awkward conversation with Pete, no one really gets how funny it is, or when no one has never even heard of Tonda.

So anyway, this is my little tribute to them; I found some old pictures...I unfortunately don't have some of everyone, but we always had fun on our trips, either at someone else's expense:

Jessica and I loved this woman for wearing her conference name tag at the beach. True dedication.

or maybe sometimes our own:

Sylvia, Jeff, Me, Jessica, Michelle

(Soon after this picture was taken I found a tea light in my Diet Coke. Just thrown right in. Thanks, Ritz Carlton. )

Me and Jess relaxing in the Xcaret park in the couple of hours of spare time we were given. Maybe we should've left our name tags on too?

Celeste, Me, Michelle, Jessica and Lisa; my last (full time) day at the office.

This weekend I'm on my way to Jamaica for a GOGO conference; I'm excited, but I know it won't be the same without Sylvia taking pictures of me while I'm doing my homework while at the beach, throwing the undesirable hors d' oeuvres over the balcony with Jess, or Sylvia taking care to point out the "hot" waiters during dinner. :)

3 comments:

Jessarella said...

I love the trip down memory lane. Some of my best memories ever were with you at Gogo Liz. We had so much fun. Please tell Pete and my other peeps Hi! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Xo

Ruth said...

Aww, that last picture made me a little nostalgic. I liked stopping in for little visits. So thankful for the good and great friends you made there.

**Please note I am avoiding all angry/jealous rants about traveling to exotic and lovely places.

***Saying "Yes, but it is for work" doesn't make it any easier. I have been on one of those "work" trips with you, and it is on my highlight reel. :)

Our Family said...

Fun stuff.... I am so glad you got that job and am excited for GoGo adventures Vegas style. Enjoy some sand and sun for me in Jamaica. One day......