Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bennifer: November 2010

For those have you who haven't met Bennifer, you're missing out.


Ben and Jenn came to visit us a few weekends ago! I had just flown back from NJ, and it was fun to be welcomed back by Nathan and friends. I mentioned to them that we aren't great tour guides yet, in fact, we got more turned around than we usually do, but they are our very first visitors, so they had the pleasure (I'm sure) of breaking us in. First on the list was walking through the Stratosphere, I think mostly so we could see the Asian men playing the "Kitty Glitter" slot machines. I need to get a picture, but just believe me for now. We had a delightful dinner at IHOP (pumpkin pancakes=heaven), and I tried to make sense when I spoke. My body was still on Eastern time, so it was about 3-4am according to me and my mushy brain.


After an exciting morning at the DMV, we met back up with Bennifer and decided to head to Hoover Dam!

This is the part of the day when we still didn't know where to go. Impressive power lines though.



I think this is Nate and I being lovey, but it looks very similar to a few family pictures when Tom (that's right, I'm telling) was grabbing my wrist in a like (but brotherly, mean-hearted) fashion.

Me and Jenn with the Hoover Dam worker tribute. If we look awkward, we felt awkward; there were about 3 people (we didn't know) also taking photos we were probably in.

Looking down scared me every, every time. It probably always will. I take comfort in knowing that most everyone else is at least scared by heights like this.

View of the new bridge. Yes, the bridge is scary too.

After spending most of our day at the Dam, we walked along the strip and had a lovely dinner.

From the top of the Venetian. This reminded me of our kitties in a "really mischievous gargoyle" type way. It was a beautiful night to see all the lights on the strip. It was also a beautiful night to see all the bachelor party morons doing their thing* on the strip.

*see next image for some idea, but their thing usually=being stupid

It's lucky we are such fans of Halloween; Vegas is kinda always Halloween. Drunk Halloween, but Halloween nonetheless.

View of Paris from the Bellagio fountains.
We had a such a great time with Bennifer and hope they come (all 3 of you next time?) back soon!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Looks lovely. Those "dam" pictures made me dizzy too! (bah ha ha ha)