We determined that anyone would want a fish tank like this one.
We also determined that we were glad glass was separating us from these guys...way too big.
Piranhas! I didn't see much teeth on them...I wondered if they'd been deteethed (think declawed...word wise anyway) or if that is just how these kind are. They still looked hungry.
Ceiling fish! We knew these pictures would look fake, but here it is anyway. The ceiling is a tank for these fish to hang out; it was a very cool/creepy effect.
School of fish.
School of larger fish (or sharks...)
Jaws will always scare me. In turn, sharks like this will always scare me.
Liz, David Cross (of Arrested Development fame), and Nathan. Nate's brother Ben deserves the credit of initially approaching him...then Nate went over...then I couldn't help myself. I stayed at a distance and waved. He reached out to shake my hand...who was I to say no? He wanted to meet me. He told us he's from Atlanta and he was in town for Thanksgiving; I say "ya, us too". Yes, Nate and I are actors "in town for Thanksgiving". I wrapped it up by telling him that I loved him; Nate agreed so it seemed to work. So we say bye and start to leave. Nate, not being able to stop himself, went back and asked for a picture. It was a bit awkward, but he was really nice. He complimented Nate's wedding band. (that I bought, David). While the picture was being taken, Nate said: "we washed our hands, I promise" David said: "I didn't". I decided to chime in with another clever bit, saying "that's okay". "That's okay" made my mouth look the way it does in this picture. I'm glad we didn't find a really attractive celebrity to meet...as it is, I think we are pretty equally matched in the photo...right? ps-I didn't realize until after, but I'm fairly sure the girl he was with was Amber Tamblyn (she took the picture)...so she was treated like a commoner. Sorry Amber, the next time Nate is out of town I promise "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" will be watched.
After our brush with the stars, we headed for the jellyfish tanks. We were both ridiculously giddy, so I'm glad Nate had the presence of mind to take pictures because I wasn't really paying attention. They turned out pretty well. It's probably because the jellyfish isn't talking in this picture.
Nate and I in front of the Barrier Reef tank.
Nate missed the "do not pick up sign". Once he was noticed, there was a flurry of "don't pick them up, don't pick them up!" Ha. He DID pick it up.
Whale shark and some fish friends in the big tank.
Continuing in Nate's spirit of rebelliousness, we didn't "keep off the rocks".
We loved the aquarium!

4 comments:
o man. david cross! how awesome! i loved amber tamblyn in joan of arcadia. i was so mad when they cancelled that show. what a great trip! i was hoping you'd blog soon about it. :)
I'm SO impressed that you tracked down Mr. Cross. I wish that you could have made some sort of gay innuendo to cap off the encounter.
Well our aquarium at home looks just like all of those pictures :)Glad you had fun!
Oh, so Tobias was at your acquarium too?
Post a Comment