I kind of made Nate go to Kohl's and Burlington Coat Factory before we did any real sightseeing. To my credit though, I found some great deals and a whole patch of discount witch shoes.
This is what we did for 2+ hours on Saturday. There was a Panthers game that day and we didn't make it to the Carnegie Science Center in time to miss all the rabid game goers. To prove how right we are for each other, Nate and I took equal turns yelling at fans walking in front of our car, and cars full of fans cutting us off. It was a nice way to get to know the city.
This was the only part of the fanaticism I found enjoyable.
Once we made it to the Science Center, we had a serious talk with Darwin. He wasn't sure why it took us so long to get there either.
After our talk, I held onto this dirty wing for a photo op. I've made it a habit to carry hand sanitizer in my purse now, so I felt okay about it.
Nate found the smarter toys.
Like this one: here he is mining for treasures. It was basically a glorified claw prize game, except this one was honest about no one actually getting to keep any of the cheap toys inside.
Infrared. Proof my nose is way cold.
Liz at the Mr. Rogers sculpture near Heinz Stadium.
Liz continuing on with her "I'm just a big kid" weekend. Here we are at the Fredosaurus Rex Friday XIII sculpture. A biker stopped and offered to take our picture. AND he told us about the other Mr. Rogers statue...that we'd already been to. It made me feel a bit better that another adult knew about them.
Church shot I got out of the car window.
After growing up in Utah (where construction is king) and now living in Toledo (where construction is a king that everyone ignores), we appreciated this happy medium of construction decoration.
Pittsburgh was cold, childish and a lot of fun. Maybe we'll visit again in the off season.

3 comments:
I love your Christmas sweatshirt picture on the top right of the blog. Awesome.
I love all the pictures. You guys have way to much fun! I'm glad that you guys got to get away for your anniversary...it looks like we will be having other plans for ours. We love you guys and are excited to see you in a week.
I enjoyed our trip to Pittsburgh a few years ago. It is a cold city, but lots to do and see. I wanted to get to the Andy Warhol museum but didn't make it. We did make it to an art museum with an interactive photo exhibit of naked people. THAT was an experience!
Post a Comment