Friday, September 25, 2009

It's more love than guilt

I don't often remember my dreams, but more and more often I've picked up bits and pieces, none of which ever make sense. Last night I had a too vivid dream that I was deeply in love with John Krasinski (Jim from the Office). I love the show and his character, and even his cute relationship with Pam, but come on...am I suddenly that person that believes they could be soul mates with some seedy actor? (I'm sure he's nice, but you know what I mean) We were dating (I assume he was Mormon in the dream?) and I just was loving every minute of it.

Then I woke up. Guilty! I felt so guilty, cause it wasn't just a date, it was the kind of good date I only had when I finally went out with Nathan. (aw)

Now that it's evening, I've sorted out my feelings, but this post will help me feel better about the situation...to clear my dream conscience if you will.

This is Natan putting together our new bed. At this point, we'd already spent a long busy day at IKEA. It should also be noted that my job was to put together a lamp (unsuccessful), so we're preetty equally matched in the construction department.

Nate is busy doing this a lot. Kathryn is such a faker.


Nate was willing to eat not one but two pieces of the "bologna" gum my sis so kindly sent me (I can almost hear her self satisfied cackle now).

I'm glad my real date was with Nathan once upon a time. He is busy a lot now with school/work, etc. but I can't picture John/Jim being willing to:

-put together a bed without a needed drill

-study/go to class/lose sleep to help both of us in the long run

-eat bologna gum just to amuse me

...at least he didn't do any of that stuff in my dream, so there.

6 comments:

M. Harrison said...

Okay, I'm sick! Bologna gum? Ruth should have saved that one for a major turn waster...or maybe she bought a good supply of it for later. Gross. I love IKEA; they have great stuff. Hopefully the dreams are less guilty from now on.

Ruth said...

Yes, I am pleased that the gum was consumed. However, it seemed horribly stale when I bought it, and much like milk, I don't think it is one of those things that improves with time. I doubt it was even chewable. Last night I dreamed I was grilling vegetables for a bunch of seminary teachers while trying to take care of a baby. ?? I dunno, most of my dreams lately are that weird. Let's give Katherine the benefit of the doubt, maybe she can read. Some cats have extra sensory capabilities. Have you counted her whiskers? Har har har

CANDACE said...

i <3 that you made a list of things you love about nate.

Our Family said...

Well all I can say is I am married to Jim :)

D. James said...

#1 - are you saying you didn't have fun on the dates I set you up on? ;)

#2 - we have that same bed. It seems like it should be easy to assemble but no... Just wait until you move it. Bwahahahaha.

Natalie said...

I LOVE JIM TOO!!!!