Thursday, May 21, 2009

When Jalizza hungry, she eat

Over the Memorial Day weekend, Nate and I will be visiting Nauvoo with some friends. Because I'm kind of a travel agent, I decided to take care of the hotel; you know, because I'm professional. I booked it a few months ago, but in the last couple days a few questions have come up, so I called their reservations department yesterday.

My conversation:

Liz: "Hi, we have a stay coming up and wanted to check if there was a refrigerator in the room"

Reservations: "I'm sorry no"

Liz: (hesitates)...well okay-so you know we had booked the room for six, but there will only be four in the room, do you need to know that?"

Reservations: "It would help because our breakfast portions are really large"

Liz: (hesitating again because maybe four people could eat for six) "oh, okay, thanks"

After that conversation, I proceeded to discuss (via email) various plans with traveling companions, but still wasn't getting a response regarding whether we should buy groceries before arriving in the area. So I sent this email off:

"any thoughts on the grocery situation. "

Fine. The only problem is that I emailed the hotel...about groceries. I hoped it was an inbox that no one checked and I'd maybe get away with my idiocy. A few minutes later, I received this email:

"Hi Liz, I'd be happy to help, but I'm not sure what you mean by "the grocery situation". Do you mean that you don't want to be eating out and want to know how to store something?

If that's the case, I would recommend bringing a cooler... That might work.

~Ashton

Reservations"

For some reason, I felt like a (hungry) backwoods girl getting ready for her crazy (and food filled) weekend at a church history site. I'm imagining how our reservation has now been flagged:

room notes: Please check any bulging pockets for food upon check in. Please also tell "Liz" that breakfast will be large enough. Do not hesitate to use the word "pig".

8 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Wow, Loz, you get crazy about your meals. I think Ashton has opened up the door to any future questions you might have--about any range of topics.
"What's your position on leg warmers?"
"What's the fairest way to split the cost of gas among 2 couples and a single person?"
"Irregardless: word or not?"

Dennis & Hollie said...

Liz...Granola bars are generally flat and typically retain their taste no matter how they are folded in your pockets. Fruit roll ups are also flat and very pliable. "Food" for thought...

xoxo
Hollie

CANDACE said...

I wish I'd had the foresight to make baked goods for y'all :( Please don't starve to death in Nauvoo!

Jessarella said...

I am laughing out loud right now. I miss you.

Jody Neeley said...

Lol - I love reading your posts, they always make me laugh!

Jeff & Liberty said...

Lol- I giggled so hard I mustered up a tear.

Ruth said...

Laughing so hard my stomach hurts (I tried to do some sit ups today)... My favorite "Not sure what you mean by 'the grocery situation'" Also, it's nice it was a fragment usually only used by close friends who are on the same page.

Ruth said...

WHEN JAMEESHA HONGRY, SHE EAT!!!!