We stayed at the Aventura Spa Palace and it was lovely! I was able to swing a discount because of my travel agent "status"-really I was just pleased that it's finally paid off this first time in the last almost two years. The resort is right on the ocean, but the water is a bit too rough/rocky for the beach itself, so we had the ocean along with a man made reservoir that one could snorkle in along with the pools throughout the resort. I won't bore you with all the details (maybe I'll save that just for family), but we enjoyed nice restaurants, a nice room (that cleaned itself), pools that were nearly vacant, an air conditioned gym (I'd almost forgotten what it felt like) and fun tours of the ruins (complete with a heavy emphasis on buying authentic crap-which we totally did).
It was also fun to listen to a bilingual Nate all week; it was amazingly helpful in every situation. Between my travel agent status (I didn't realize, but we were awarded the VIP wrist bands...ooooh!) and Nate's language skills, everyone was nice to us. And I try not to brag because it's unbecoming, but every person that Nate spoke with complemented his Spanish (I could at least understand that much); good thing he has such white skin or they'd be totally confused. HA. Speaking of that, we both got burned and were reminded once again that our future children have little hope of skin pigment. Get it, PIG-ment? Swine?
In short, Nate has now completed his second year of law school, we had a fun vacation, and we aren't sick, so we are totally satisfechos.
Liz in front of the hotel
Nate with "the Mask"...who knows; it's near one of the pools. We wanted to make fun, so we took this under the cover of night.
Nate and I in the lobby
Liz and some gators
Nate and I eating our weight in Mexican food.
Nate and I at Tulum
Nate at Chichen Itza near the wall of skulls
I really like that this looks like a stock photo-it really was taken while we were there

8 comments:
If my gym was that exciting, I think I'd go more often.
I'm also envious of your trip timing, as you really didn't have to deal with (pig fearing) crowds.
I think you should maintain that you intentionally created the swine flu scare to avoid the crowds in Mexico. Reports on the swine flu have been noticeably absent from the news during the week you were away.
I think a magician in your gym requires more of an explanation than you've given. Perhaps you're used to it from your experience at the Y, but for the rest of us, it's just weird.
WELCOME BACK!
Yay for swine flu. I have been trying to talk my clients into still going to Mexico all week.
It looks gorgeous there. I am so happy for you that you got to actually enjoy a resort without conferences and site inspections.
Looks awesome!
Where is a Sandals resort type picture- like on The Office :) Glad you had fun and welcome back!
WOW, I guess I know where to go for lots of fabulous trip destinations!! I'm glad that you guys had a relaxing time. Too bad that it's back to the routine. :(
Love ya
It looks so beautiful there! I am glad you guys could have a fun time!
I am almost jealous. It is a beautiful place. I am glad you had a good time and are home safe. What did you do with your "children" while you were away?
ahhhh! I'm jealous, I need a place like that to put a little romance back into my life!!! Yea for kids.
Congrats on getting through 2 years, to both of you:)
Post a Comment