Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Christmas Vacation

What we normally came back to in our bed at Tom's house

Feeding the ducks at Murray Park

Trevor-every kid should be this excited for clothes

Jackson being "held" by Sadi

Nate and Amos reading

Me and Vince-Ethan somehow is grossed out by us.

Trying out some wedding cake

Me, Jackie and Jenn

At Jim's house...I'm glad Mom decided to smile...
Highlights of Christmas trip back to Utah:
-waiting 4 hours total extra on the runway before our planes were able to take off
-checking out Jim's new juicer...yes it does juice potatoes
-seeing Vince in his tiny baby phase
-lots of Christmas snow, very little need to drive in it
-finding out that Nate has put a Buick LeSabre on the dream car list
-going to Temple Square, which included several sightings of BYU hats/scarves, along with an overheard joke about the Urim and Thumim (can't get that in Toledo, folks)
-being asked several times why we are living in Toledo...one quote "ya, I turned down a job there just cause I really didn't want to live there" (didn't/don't know this person).
-seeing lots of family and at least some friends!

5 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I think Toledo gets a bad wrap--maybe that is a topic for a future post?
Is that kitty available?
Would Nate settle for a Buick Century? That was my hs car.

Jessarella said...

I will pretend I made it on the top friends list and that we had a great time together.. kidding- I know you were busy out here.

anniebobannie said...

It was great to see you!!!! Glad you made it home safe!!!

Jessarella said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YYOOOOOUUUU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU, HAPPPPY BIIIRRTTHHDDAAAYY TOOOO LLLLLLIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

XOXOXO- JESSICA

Ruth said...

I am slightly horrified and mesmerized by the Barry Gibb talk show... Glad it made it on the blog but confused that it didn't make the top Christmas highlights. I frequently have that stupid song in my head..."talkin 'bout..crazy gold medallions!!!" At last I have a place to get my fix and sing along.