So we had a few goals this summer...I can't remember any of them, except "we are going to the Scottish Festival". We did it! This fest in Payson each July is kind of a Higley tradition that I was invited to the summer Nate and I started dating. He bought me a ring there (aw) and the rest is history. Wellll, kind of. The sad part of that story is that while we went the next year, we missed like, the next five. AND, I ended up losing said ring on our cruise in December. So, as I said, we had some goals. We had invited Nate's siblings, but up until the night before, we were thinking we'd be by ourselves...so we started out!
 |
| First stop...end of the parade and the official start to the festival and games. Very cool! Soon after, we became immune to all of the piping going on. |
 |
| Next we stopped at team MacGregor. Nate got in touch with his roots while Neville over there took a rest under the tree. |
 |
| This has special significance, but it makes us (me especially) nerds. My mom has a (dumb, we found out) book in her visitor's library "Touch not the cat". Also, in the cat books Ruth and I read, the main character is a Mackintosh (I saw this at the Mackintosh tent) and he loves cats. The end. :) |
 |
| Speaking of animals, we found some Scottie dogs this year! |
 |
| Cute dancers waiting for their turn... |
 |
| Scottish Santa we kept seeing... |
 |
| One of the strong guys we also kept seeing... |
 |
| And this guy. A lot. :) |
 |
| Surprise! Ben, Jenn, Jess, Woody, Jackie and the kids all came down so our day was about to be complete! It was so much fun to be with everyone! |
 |
| Waiting for lunch! |
 |
| The newest Higley, baby William! |
 |
| Still kind of waiting...our lunch was long, but it was a hot day so it was a nice time to hang out with everyone. |
 |
| as well as watch this... |
 |
| After lunch, relaxing to the pipe bands... |
 |
| ...and getting buried in grass. |
 |
| We even ran into Seth! This happened because Nate send him a picture around 10am...he and his family of four were down within a couple of hours. :) |
 |
| As I said, it was hot... |
 |
| ...and this baby can handle the spicy ginger beer neither Nate nor I could. |
 |
| Ah yes! My ring! I almost gave up, but I found this one right at the last minute. It's a fun reminder of our weekend and one of mine and Nate's first day-dates. I will do my best to not lose this one! |
 |
| Scottish fest closing ceremonies. |
 |
| Ivie and Cicely's closing ceremonies. |
 |
| Proof of Cicely's "tickling". |
 |
| One last dance party...we didn't want to go home, but we reluctantly got back in the car. |
 |
| But we checked out the Payson Temple as we headed out! |
 |
| Fitting sky for our temple viewing and after such a great day! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment