Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Nathan Swears

Nate is such a cuss face. To celebrate the occasion (and the whole "becoming an attorney" thing), his parents, my parents, Jessica, Woody, and Ivie all came for a visit. We all met at the courthouse at noon, and enjoyed our private swearing in ceremony with Nate's new found connection with his very own judge.

Swearing with the judge.

Look how much happier he looks now that he's official!

With the proud parents.

With the proud Terrys. (aren't they stylish?)

Stylish people can also be criminals. Don't be deceived.

Nathan at his post.


Nathan with an older and proud Liz. I've typed Nate's praises before, but he worked very hard while always keeping me in mind during the process of law school and beyond and all that it has entailed. To say I'm proud is an understatement, but Nate doesn't like to be braggy, so I'll try not to be as well. He's done an amazing job and continues to work hard to be successful. His humility is enviable, but sometimes frustrating. Recently I asked him now when people ask him what he does if he will say "an attorney" or "a lawyer". His answer: "I work for a judge". :)

8 comments:

CANDACE said...

Hooray & congrats once again! So excited for y'all!

Our Family said...

@#%%%@@@@&%#!!!!!
That is swear word language for YOUR AWESOME NATE!

Nice Bangs Liz. I cut mine the other day too but still move them to the side (you are always much braver than I). Looks good.

M2 (Melissa) said...

Congrats to Nate and to you Liz! You made it! Hope you love your job - Nate!

Karen said...

Congrats, Nathan & Liz!! What a great opportunity! Thanks for sharing your pics!

Emily said...

Wow! Big congrats to Nate! And you, too! That is so awesome.

Oh, and I LOVE the bangs on you. You look great!

Ruth said...

Also love the 'fringe', very Bones-ey which is a high compliment. You should try practicing some of her lines...

So glad you both made it to that proud day, and hope you had a nice birthday!

M. Harrison said...

We are so glad that he is official now! We love you guys. Happy really belated birthday too, Liz. Sorry! :)

lazyunder said...

i'm so cussing happy for you two.