This year, instead of flying from Detroit, Nathan and I decided to drive to Utah (separately, just to make things exciting-really, he just had to work an extra day) for Christmas.
One of the views I was favored with on my drive. Because of all the rain in St. George and the surrounding area, makeshift waterfalls were all over the place. I get nervous driving this canyon by myself, but it's mostly because it's so beautiful it can be distracting.
My first day was sans Nate, so I spent some time at Ruth's house. Hearing Vince's little voice ask if Ruth had a good sleep and announcing pancakes were ready and getting lots of smiles from Bella was a nice early Christmas present. :)
Speaking of smiley, I got this picture all on my own of my newest nephew Braedon.
The wee Ivie. I'm also proud of this one, but mostly proud of her cute fluffy hair.
Do we look tired? We were, but it was so nice to be home.
Harrison Christmas chaos. I like that Nate looks like he's about to punch something...to be clear he wasn't and didn't. :)
Steve with Shaelynn and Bella.
Slumbering Nathan. A similar picture could've been taken of Steve and Matt also, I just figured it was my right to take one of my Nate. He'd had a long week and my parents' couch was too much for him to resist (again).
Vince and Grey. It so fun to watch these two together. Grey will mimic just about anything Vince does and they just follow each other around. It was fun hearing Grey tell "Bince" to come up the stairs. :)
Ruth and the kiddies.
A post-Christmas treat. We made a quick stop over at Jim's shortly after they were home from church and we found these two.
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:
SO glad you are closer to your family - I know how you missed them while you lived out here. Happy New Year!
Yeah for Christmas chaos!! So glad you guys live closer.
Post a Comment