Monday, July 5, 2010

The Third

Recently, both Nathan and I read "Ender's Game". In the story, Ender is "The Third" (born) in his family, which normally meant that he wasn't really good for much, yet he ends up proving everyone wrong. This year, because the Fouth of July was on a Sunday, I didn't think the Third would be good for much...yet it ended up proving me wrong...get it??

We were invited to a big party on Saturday at the Reagan's house...we had a great time!



Kristin's very cute bbq cupcakes. My favorite part was that they were actually brownies...I may have eaten at least 1.5 of these...



When someone throws you a fedora, you have to take advantage of that gift.




Nate showing me who's boss.



Katie, Lisa, Karen and me. Some of my very favorite people in the ward, I'm so glad they were all there!



Me with my favorite person.



The Reagan's even passed out glow sticks (glue sticks, Tom?).



Maybe it's because I'm too cheap to really ever buy those on my own, but they made us feel lots more festive. Well, that and the Neil Diamond playing...



Practicing with our fireworks setting.



I love this one cause it's so palm treeish...maybe Jamaica is trying to call us back??



Since I can't take pictures in church, here's Mal and I being festive on the actual Fourth. It was a lot more low key, but you can tell, she's way excited.

It was a neat experience to have the Fourth of July on a Sunday; it allowed me to actually think about why the holiday exists and I am so grateful for where we live and the freedoms that we enjoy. Happy Third/Fourth of July!

5 comments:

CANDACE said...

Super bummed we missed it! Glad y'all had fun!

M. Harrison said...

Happy 4th guys! We were sad that you weren't here. Andrew absolutely loves his ring and looks down at it tons on his finger. Thanks guys!

Ruth said...

Fun! Fun! I am stealing that cupcake idea and tucking it away in my mind. :) I would have to daintily eat the kabob on it, I think. :)

Lyndsay said...

Who can afford both glow sticks and Neil Diamond? Festive!
p.s. I'm the third-born in my fam and I've yet to disprove anything about my station in life.

Annette Harrison said...

I think the cupcakes are great. I will try and remember them for an RS thing. It looks like you guys had a good time. I'm Third born- I'm OK ...right?!