Saturday, June 26, 2010

They say it's your birthday

If it was my birthday again, that would mean I'd passed out for six months or just a lot older than Nate...silly. Nate's birthday was last Tuesday! I was able to get off work at 2:30, so we had some additional birthday celebration time. I couldn't help but remember that last year's birthday was overly Liz centered with all that car accident business. I'm happy to report Nate drove me around all of the 22nd, and whether it was just the lack of people finding flies on their leg whilst driving, or just the fact that I wasn't driving, I'm happy to report we are both safe, sound, and a bit older. After I got off work, we had a late lunch at Chili's. We had a gift certificate and the place practically to ourselves; it was very nice.

Festivities at home:

Party goers

More party goers

The guest of honor lighting his cake...that he made. We had run out of eggs, so he ran to the store, then finished the job while I was working on one of his presents in another room.

I did pick up the cake mix and frosting, however...

Taken seconds before the cats were shoved away so we could consume our cake and ice cream.

Birthday Nate! Doesn't his new haircut look cute?

Nate showing off how much he doesn't need the new weights he received.

The after party show...

2 comments:

M. Harrison said...

Happy birthday Nate! Sorry that the slackers missed it...next year, not going to happen. You see, I'm making a birthday list of the whole family as the birthday's come THIS year so I actually have a chance of remembering them NEXT year!! I know, it's a pathetic excuse, but we want you to know that we love you!! Glad that you had a fun night with the fam.

Our Family said...

Those poor poor cats :)Do you think they both make some kind of pact in Jan. and June as to who has to pose for more photos On a side note. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NATE!!!! YEAH FOR BEING IN THE FAMILY. HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY.