If we hadn't gotten married prior to our first Jamaica trip, I would say that Nate married me for Jamaica. I'm kind of kidding. We had a great trip on our honeymoon, and Jamaica has served as a sun drenched carrot for Nate during law school. I am happy to report that we both found said carrot just as lovely as the last time.
See? Look how happy we look!
A few items:
We checked out sunscreen application. Nathan and I will never be called anything other than: ghost legs, pasty, "you look ill"...actually that's my list. We'll never tan and we've stopped trying. We used tons of sunscreen and we got away with only a nasty heat rash (heat rash belonged to me...think of Bermuda and my burn victim face, Ruth).
I learned/remembered that snorkeling will always scare me to some degree. It's not the being in the water, it's the my face being in the water. I get incredibly claustrophobic and took a good 5-10 minutes to calm down. Oh wait! I also learned that people that announce they hail from Ft. Lauderdale....Florida (as if that explains why they have no need for fins or a life vest) really bother me. This couple also kept getting in the way, but it's not a vacation unless I can find someone to get bothered by, right? :) P.S. One of the intelligent questions from Ft. Lauderdale's mouth to another honeymooning couple was "Did you get a lot of good presents??". Ya, skip that boring "how did you meet" story...we want to know what blender you got.
I also learned that I smile when I have fire placed near my face. Even after seeing this guy not shove the fire down several people's throats, when he stopped at me and went for it, I had a silent panic attack that looked a little like the picture above.
We learned that Nate's facial hair grows like a WEED in Jamaica. Okay, it really grows like Spanish Moss that feels very much like a loofah. Nate took it home to try out the natural alternative in the shower, but chickened out seeing as he had no idea what was living in the moss.
As much as falling into water (especially with my nose unplugged) doesn't agree with me, our tubing adventure taught me that: falling into really clear, non-chlorinated water with a life vest and a Jamaican guide to pull me in the right direction is just fine. In fact, I was happy about the whole thing.
Early into our stay we learned that the ownership of this hotel would be switching from Sandals to someone else...never said who. We were sad to hear it; Dunn's River is a great property and I'm so glad we got a chance to stay there before someone else takes over.
We learned that Kathryn and Mal sort of missed us. Or our luggage. If the world was covered in canvas, magazines, food, and blankets, the cats would be more than okay with it.

3 comments:
Chiggers. Chiggers live in Spanish moss!
Glad y'all had such an awesome vacation!
You mocked my 40+ sunscreen. I knew you would come around. :) Glad you had a great time, and that you were only slightly rashey and burney.
Yeah for Jamaica!!!! Looks like so much fun!!!
Post a Comment