First stop: Niagara Falls, Canadian side
Niagara Falls is too fun to keep to ourselves, so we showed Nate's mom, dad and sister around during their visit. Our first afternoon in, we checked into our hotels, then set out for a walk to orient ourselves.
This kitty and I had a lot in common.
This was a momentous occasion...no stranger was tricked into taking this photo.
Rainbow!
We didn't realize the tulips would still be in bloom; lucky for us they were all over the place.
And our camera's batteries lasted into the evening this time! Canada is beautiful in general, but seeing the falls was a wonderful experience. I'm so glad we were able to go again.
Second stop: Palmyra, NY; Hill Cumorah
Nate at the top of the Hill Cumorah. It was much more of a hill than I had imagined...some poor guy was mowing the lawn very much sideways.
Moroni
Father Jack, Mother Lisa, Brother Nathan, Sister Jackie.
3rd stop: Smith Farm/Sacred Grove:
We happened upon a nest of baby foxes. They upstaged the rest of the farm for a bit; it was fun to see how close to the temple we actually were.
Sacred Grove
Grandin print shop; first editions of the Book of Mormon were printed here.
The print shop has a vacant law office; Nate officially has a backup plan!
Last Stop: Kirtland, Ohio:
As Jackie said, "Done and done!"
Nate and I in front of the Kirtland Temple. We were too late for the tour, but I wasn't too sad about it...we had the grounds all to ourselves.
Back side of temple
Well, I guess we weren't completely alone...yes, we managed to find a kitty that loved Nate. Yes, I took tons of pictures of it. Yes, I wanted to take it home. Yes, Kathryn would be overcome with jealousy.
The grounds were beautiful, flowery, and cat filled. We had a great time!

1 comment:
Lovely. What a great time of year to visit!!
Post a Comment