Sunday, May 16, 2010

Married to the Law

Nate graduated from the Toledo College of Law on Sunday, May 9 2010.

To say "I'm really proud of him" seems cliche, and not enough. But I am. I'm proud to be associated with Nathan-always; bragging that he's a law graduate is now just a side perk. :)



Nathan has not only done well in school, but he's remembered that he has a wife that wasn't attending law school. We had plenty of law related conversations, but I never felt like he was trying to seem more important or even more intelligent than he had been before all of this law business began.


I love this picture because he looks smug. I love Nathan because he isn't smug.


Nate continued to keep the right perspective through school; his work was/is very important to him, but he remembered me, his family at home, his friends, and his church calling.


While there are yet more steps to take until Nathan is finished finished, graduation has been a very exciting and emotional step for me to be involved with. I'm so blessed to be associated with someone so ambitious, loyal, loving, considerate, patient, thrifty, brave, clean...so basically I married a really nice scout. But really.

Congratulations Nathan!

11 comments:

M2 (Melissa) said...

Congratulations Nate and Liz! Nate - cause you did a lot of hard work and Liz - cause you stood by him and worked just as hard! I remember when Morgan graduated - it was freeing for both of us!! We will miss you when you move on!

Jeff & Liberty said...

Congrats to both of you! It's really a group effort. My grandpa always used to say that I earned my PHT. (Put Hubby Through) I guess you have earned your PHT too. Good luck with the next step!

Very Quirky Girl said...

So very wonderful to watch you both reach this amazing milestone. Woohoo!

Our Family said...

I remember feeling many of those same thoughts when Jim graduated. Good job to both of you!!!!!

M. Harrison said...

We are so excited for both of you. It is a great feat to have this behind you and we hope that things go smoothly for you in the next couple of months. We think of you tons and love you lots. Congrats NATE!!!!!

Ruth said...

Amen to that!! Nate really is one in a million, and it is so fun to see how perfect you guys are together. Congratulations to you both to really seize the opportunity to live away from 'home', and to really find happiness and balance while accomplishing great things... together!

Stacey said...

What an awesome accomplishment! Way to go Nate (and Liz)! Congratulations!

Our Family said...

So you have made me reminicse (sp?) about Jim and his graduation. It was almost 10 years ago!!! So just think in ten years you too can have a house, mini van, dog, four kids and have two of them be twins. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Karen said...

Congrats, Nate & Liz!! We sure love your smiling faces every week we see you :) You guys are such an inspiration to our family! We love you & hope the best for your future (but only if you stay here...just kidding).

Emily said...

Wow! Congratulations Nate!

Those are great pictures and a very nice post. Good luck with everything!

Kara said...

We made it!! :) Congratulations Nate & Liz (because the wives really deserve the congrats!) Miss you.