Saturday, April 24, 2010

Just what do you think you've been doing?

I'm not sure what we've been doing. Let me see if I can explain.

1-We've been trying to figure out how this tank top managed to get 11+ price tags attached to it. It's a great workout shirt; you'd think with the bright pink would be enough for a shopper to make notice of it an eventually find a tag. Think again, says TJ Maxx.


2-We tried to get a decent Easter picture. Despite the casualness of a General Conference Sunday, the lack of natural light, and the (original) color of my teeth, we ended up getting a few that worked out okay.

3-We've been in places we shouldn't be. With the gradual, slow, inconsistent onset of spring, we've had the window open a bit more in the bedroom, so Mal has punched her frequent sleeper card quite a bit more often lately. On cold mornings, I'm still a wimp and have the heater on, which welcomes another kitty I know.

4-We can't take it anymore. April has been a stressful month, but we are looking forward to Nate's upcoming graduation, a visit from his parents and sister Jackie, and our trip to Jamaica in June!

5-We've been getting locked out of the granary. We=Nate in this case. He and some (dedicated) guys from our ward left at 6:00am to drive to Defiance, Ohio to work at the granary. After driving an hour and a half, this gate showed them some defiance (HA!); they couldn't get a hold of anyone, so they came right back home. I got Nate back sooner, but it was a disappointing waste of time.

6-We can't stop finding dumb signs. I spotted this one last Saturday, so I was extra pleased to find out it had lasted another week. Nate decided I should be involved with this sign. There was a dude walking through a nearby parking lot, but I steeled my courage and ran out of the car. Not 5 seconds after I got out of the car and approached the sign, some prize in a minivan honked at me (I guess). This sign lived up to it's letters.

5 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I smell a new job! If you're not "sexy roast beef" I don't know who is.

Jeff & Liberty said...

Where are you headed after graduation?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has read Brashares series! Jeff makes fun of me for my random book choices.

Jody Neeley said...

I love your posts, they always make me smile! That tank top with a million tags is pretty crazy, and I love all the stupid signs you guys find.

Our Family said...

Of course that would be at TJMaxx!!!

M. Harrison said...

Wow, it's not everyone that would get a honk--you "sexy beef!" That is hilarious. We are so excited for you guys and that Nate is graduating. Scary, but exciting. Sorry that we can't join you for the festivities, but we will be thinking of you! Love you.