Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tis the season

Nathan and I took the cats into the vet today for their yearly check up and vaccinations. I made the appointment because I care. Do you hear that cats?...because I care. We trick them into their cages because we care. We hide their faces from the dogs (once at the vet) because we care. We pay the vet bill because we care (and because we have to).

...and we apparently feed Kathryn a lot because we care. Kathryn (see my side panel) gained another pound from last year's visit. She is now almost exactly twice as heavy as Mal. The kitties hated their Halloween costumes almost as much as I hate taking off fake eyelashes (it makes me cry, okay), but both are sacrifices we make for the holiday. In light of Kathryn's somewhat recent weight gain, I'm wondering if she'd be willing to make yet another costume sacrifice for yet another holiday:

8 comments:

CANDACE said...

aww. my aunt kathy used to have a magnet on her fridge of a huge cat...and it said, "i'm not fat, just fluffy!" maybe kathryn is just fluffy.

love the thanksgiving layout! :D

Ruth said...

Maybe she is pregnant.

M. Harrison said...

I love the new pictures on your blog, they look great. Say hello to the cats for us!

M. Harrison said...

I love the new pictures on your blog, they look great. Say hello to the cats for us!

Our Family said...

or she could have a extra animal growing in there (yes I have been watching too many weird cable shows with Jim while he has been sick)

Lyndsay said...

Are you sure the kitties would be comfy with their weight gain being made public?
Maybe there's a widget you could get to keep us all updated.

M2 (Melissa) said...

I love that!! So funny! I love the new pictures so cute!

Stacey said...

Our huge confession is that we don't take the cats to the vet...we should care more. ;) I can send you some recent pictures of Amos. I'm sure they'll make Kathryn feel better.