Monday, August 25, 2008

Lucky Number Seven


In honor of my dad's (successful) seven bypass surgery, I thought I would list seven reasons my dad is my favorite.


1-Bread: I need bread in some form for most, if not all my meals. Why? My theory is that it's genetic/hereditary, etc. My dad has the same need and if I didn't have the same "problem", I'd think it's funny.


2-Puns: My dad loooves a good (or bad) pun. This list may turn into why I'm similar, but I think it's a sign of intelligence for one to appreciate use/misuse of words...and if that is our standard, my dad is quite a brain. :)


3-Halfsies: Maybe things have changed in the year I've been away, but I have many memories including my dad taking a half a slice of something, only to return to the half, to half it again. Nate's dad is also guilty, so I think that means bad things for both of us.


4-J-ello: Not a favorite food, but a fun time. Whenever Ruth and I would need to provide an official answer to a guy that had asked us to a dance, dad was there to provide inspiration. The pinnacle: my dad pulls out a box of j-ello from the pantry cupboard and says "j, ello"....wha? It didn't really mean much, aside from a laugh and a reference to "hello". Seeing as "hello" wouldn't answer the dance question, his j-ello submission was disqualified.


5-Halloween, or whenever: I'm not sure if it has survived, but we used to have a clown mask that covered the top half of one's face, complete glasses and crazy hair sticking out the top. It seemed whenever the halloween box was stirred up, this mask found it's way onto my dad's dresser, then later his face. Glasses with fake paper eyes have also been spotted.


6-Glass, anyone?: When I was in seventh grade, my dad survived a crazy incident involving our suburban, a faulty cruise control, and the fence. He was in a suit coat when it happened cause he had just come home from work. Much later on, showing off his sense of humor, he bet someone at his office that he could still pull glass out of his pocket. Guess who won?


7-Funny Bone: From making fun of "The Colonel" at the gym (easy target), to his laughing at his own penchant for Matlock and Perry Mason, my dad can find the funny in anything.


Get Well Soon!

3 comments:

CANDACE said...

Hooray for dads! Adding to the get well soon wishes!

Ruth said...

If only I could post a few pictures of Dad wearing the "warewolf" hat, or a picture of him with his favorite "glasses"!

M. Harrison said...

The Buffalo hat or holding the Yule Log would also be a good addition.