When I started driver's ed my sophomore year, I nurtured a crazy fantasy that the horse and buggy would/should come back into vogue. I figured I was safe either way from learning how to drive as no one would make a lady drive a horse around...or whatever. Once I learned the ropes, got away from Mr. Lambrum (famous for saying "I'm just going to get my pen, I'm not going to touch your leg"--rough year for accusations??), and my driving group, I did just fine and agreed that the horse wouldn't need come back with the same force as in the good old days...until last weekend. More on youth conference soon, but during a rain storm, I ran out to my car to get a jacket, so I could find my kids and Nate. In my rush, I locked my keys in the trunk. I had a strong urge to scratch at my car to get said keys back, as if that would help...instead I shared my "I just locked the keys in the trunk" moment/almost cry face with Nate and an onlooking stake leader. Because a locksmith would be "astronomical" (said the AAA guy that could only open my car), we headed back to Toledo and took the 2 hour return trip to Lima/Sidney Ohio. We ran into a really cool lightning storm and more bathtubs in lawns serving as a shrine background, (picture a bathtub, vertical and buried halfway with Mary inside, like a little house), so it wasn't a total loss.


2 comments:
o man. sorry dude. but way to look on the bright side of things! i admire your sunny outlook. :) can't wait to hear about youth conference!
So anyway, do you guys know deep one has to bury the bathtub to leave enough space for the shrine?
__
You CAN'T lock yourself out of a horse, but a horse can run away and leave you stranded all the same.
Post a Comment