Me with some statues peeking into the stadium
What better way to celebrate the Mexican forces victory over France than by attending a baseball game? Because of a work connection, I was able to score some free tickets to a Toledo Mud Hens game. I had Nate pick the date we would attend-he chose well. The first 1,000 fans to the stadium were given sombreros! After a trip back home for some forgotten tickets, I was convinced I had just missed my only chance to earn a free sombrero. Apparently, Mud Hens' games are nearly as well attended as I thought because there were even enough sombreros for Nate to trade...his first one was pink, so he traded for...less pink. I've always enjoyed a good baseball game, and this one actually was; the Mud Hens won, it didn't rain, and we didn't have to pay for parking. It was also fun to walk around to check out "downtown" Toledo. Let's be honest, there really isn't much there, unless you enjoy a mixture of abandoned buildings and "70's architecture" (says Alana), but I still had a good time and enjoyed the walk back to our car. Especially the catcalling. I was lucky enough to be reassured that both someone in a Jeep Cherokee and Nate find me attractive...(Nate decided to yell back his agreement), so thank you to all involved...I think.
Nate was pretty excited about the sombreros also
Packed house as you can see
Nate has a beautiful profile

3 comments:
Why are the sombreros askew in the second pic? I want to know what items were ingested immediately prior to the pic.
HEY NATE, YOUR WIFE'S HOTT!
Cinco de Mayo looks fun! When are you coming home to visit??
Fun! All we did on the Cinco is have margaritas and I made quesadillas.
Post a Comment