-I started my newest class (Career and Vocational Counseling) in a learning center that is a whopping 20 minutes closer to my house. It's odd to me that it really shaves that much time off my drives, but it really does and I'm happy about it. I'm not quite sold on the class though. Last Tuesday night, I arrived on time and I didn't get lost so I considered it a good omen. I also sat by a women who immediately was willing to chat with me about the upcoming course. It wasn't until class actually started that I saw that my chatty friend is also a bit flighty. Halfway through class, she turned to me and asked me if I had and/or had seen her phone. Phone theft is a good way to make friends, but I really hadn't this time, so I quietly told her no. Class continued (the instructor is most likely brilliant, but she is unwilling to email her students a copy of her powerpoint presentation; her explanation for her quick manner of lecturing: "this is in the reading". No kidding; why are you forcing me to read all of it? At the end of class, the instructor, noting some of the dirty looks as a result of the quick lecture, asked if anyone had any questions. My friend raised her hand and said "Okay, I had my phone right HERE; I went up to the front of the room to turn my paper in, and now it's gone". So, perhaps phone theft isn't a great way to meet friends, but neither is accusing an entire classroom full of Master's students? A resourceful classmate offered to call her phone, to see if we could find it. Moments later, the girl's bag started to buzz. "OH OKAY, HERE IT IS". The case is solv-ed.
-This week Toledo enjoyed more than 2 days of sunshine, which allowed a significant amount of snow to melt. I was almost convinced spring would arrive soon. Nate and I celebrated the arrival of the warm weather by talking a walk in the local park. Our celebration should have been held on Friday, because today we have been without sun. It was still nice to get out, get some sorely needed exercise, and put the scarf Ruth gave me to good use; we were frozen when our hour was up.
-Nate and I dedicated this morning to what was labeled "Spring Cleaning". I didn't go through a single drawer, or make a single pile for the DI/Goodwill, but we did manage to clean the bathroom, kitchen, bedroom (complete with vacuuming)*, so we'll call it whatever we want.
*these activities are sometimes rare, please be impressed
-This week I was (once again) deeply impressed for the need for me to continue my education. Some could say, "that just means your job sucks"*, but I say it's an opportunity for me to appreciate the sacrifice Nate makes to work hard at school, along with my own sacrifice to attend school. This will mean that I can leave said job at an undetermined time somewhere in the future. Some people like to get through a job by looking forward to vacation time, I like to look forward to something a little more permanent.
*true
-I kept thinking this would be the week for more babies for the Harrison fam-and while for health reasons I hope the girls don't come yet, I am getting really anxious for a Liz II and Liz III. Those were the names you agreed on, right Jim?

2 comments:
QUE SEAIS FELICES.......
Of course they will be Liz II and Liz III. Afton and Lilly are just for formality of birth certificates. :)
Post a Comment