Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Kegs and Eggs

I cringe at the title, but it must be done. St. Patrick's Day has come and gone, but tonight I remembered I hadn't shared how mine began. As I tried to pull myself out of a sleepy haze, I decided on black pants and a black and white shirt. Few people see me during the day, so I didn't care much how I looked; because of the state I found myself in, wearing green was the last thing on my mind; who really can get away with pinching a 27 year old female? Anyway, because I had class the next day, I stopped at Costco to fill up my car with liquid gold. While I was filling up, the gas shack person yelled over to me "ARE YOU GOING TO WORK OR ACROSS THE STREET". Um. By this point I still hadn't registered that her question had anything to do with the holiday I had forgotten. I said "nope, unfortunately just going to work". She says, “Bill (guy in delivery truck) invited me to go across the street to Arnie's for 'Kegs and Eggs'". So many of her words were foreign to me, but I think I pretended well. (Apparently Kegs and Eggs starts at 6:00am with beer and eggs in celebration of St. Patrick's Day. (I challenge you to think of a more disgusting combo). The shack girl explained, "ya, I went to that the year I turned 21...I was passed out before noon!" As the weather gets warmer here, I try to think of fun things Nate and I can do; if I can get bar stories at Costco, who needs Arnie's anyway?

4 comments:

Kara said...

This is a great story. Why didn't you go over for kegs & eggs?

D. James said...

The Kegs and Eggs at Arnie's sucks anyways. You're better off. Next year try the excellent morning festivities at Hooters. (I'll refrain from naming it on this G-rated blog.)

Lyndsay said...

So tell me this: how did the lady know that you were a kegs and eggs kind of gal clear from the gas shack?

Jessarella said...

Oh Man, that is funny!