*by the time it's an idea, my mind is very much set on something
See? Look how happy it made him.
We arrived in the afternoon and wandered through an Indie music fest, found someone's camera, handed said camera over to the police, then made our way to the water. This cool sunset was our reward.
We'd left our suits at the hotel because it had been a bit cooler, but by the time we arrived, we regretted our swimsuit-less apparel. We settled for feet bathing and people watching.
Nothing special about this picture, but I think it's a good representation of what look I give Nate if he's said something I deem embarrassing/inappropriate. For the record, I don't think he actually had said anything in those categories, it was just a lucky shot, I guess.
The next day we returned prepared. The weather was beautiful, the water was lovely to swim in (even for me!) and somewhere along the way, I started to feel okay again.
We had to make it a quick trip, but I'm so glad we did! By the time we got home, I was full of tranquility, satisfaction...and sand.
Speaking of beautiful, if anyone is looking for a creep-y hotel...be sure to check out Dad's Inn the next time you are passing through Northwest Michigan; it's sure to delight.

10 comments:
Love the photos, LOVE the new blog look!
I think the diagnosis is "wanderlust" and I don't think it's a bad thing. :) Glad you were able to get out, and I remember that look!! All it is missing is a slight head shake.
Dad's Inn tempts me to try it out to see if it could possibly be worse than an Illinois Day's Inn we stayed at on our way out here. What? I enjoy pain.
I am so glad there are certain things keep us sane. Looks like a great time.
What a fun little trip and yes, the lake looks beautiful!! Everyone needs an outlet and visiting beautiful places sounds like a good one to me!
It looks like you had a great time. I remember "The Look" as well. You probably still roll your eyes, too. (As do I) Love Mom
Kindred spirits, you and I. I have "wanderlust" too--no travel agency job required.
I'm a little slow. Yeah, I read all the details, miss the big stuff, like ginormous headers that say "Las Vegas."
Congrats!
i miss hearing those inappropriate comments and then trying to come up with something worse. is that bad? anyway...butt
How fun. You still get to be newlyweds, I am so jealous, good luck on the job hunting!!!
Post a Comment