Before we left for Christmas vacation, Nate and Kathryn had to finish up a few details...like finals. It's a stressful time for them, so we are always glad when it's finished. It also means it's time to go home!
Brothers at the brand new bowling alley in Afton. After Grandma's festivities, we went out on the town. "Out on the town" also included: buying socks at King's (I had forgotten any socks but nylons), buying teriyaki nuggets at the grocery store, and getting a nice home cooked meal from the local Burger King. And yes, Tom now knows a six pack is too many.
Vince helping momma Ruth with the dishes. Hotel Ruth was one of my many stops-always a favorite.
My cat stand ins, Amos 'n Andy. They come free of charge with a stay at Chateau Grey. Tom and Stacey let me stay an extra night or two whilst Nate was out of town. Highlights: watching Grey be so darn happy, eating Stacey's homemade desserts, and making fun of some of the worst real estate listings in the valley.
At the Harrison Christmas party-during the nativity production.
All of the kids did a really good job...the video is too large to post, so I'll need to figure out something else...their "lines" were the best part, followed by their creative costumes.
My night with the (almost all) blond kids. Lizzie and I played "guess the Sesame Street character", the twins actually let me hold them, and Ethan, Alisha, Jim and I laughed at how crazy/sexist the claymation "Rudolph" story really is.
The wee Ivie. Jessica's first and the only Higley grandchild in Utah, she's a popular item. It doesn't hurt that she's really cute and smiley.
Christmas morning=Christmas eyes
Liz's version of Christmas face.
Christmas day at mom and dad Harrison's house
Because Nate was gone earlier, he needed to catch up with the kitties as well.
Grey. :)
Liz up at the U near the special steps. Special steps=where Nate and I saw each other for the "first" time and started talking. Well, I started out pretending I didn't recognize him and he started out talking.
Our visits home are always fun and too quick. Thanks to both of our families!

5 comments:
Great pictures. Too bad I missed the sibling hang out, but the image of 'waddleish' Ruth trying to bowl is too much. :)
I am a little worried by the placement of both Jim and Tom's arm placement on the brother shot. Are they trying to make the moves on Steves knee? It was fun to see you guys.
Always glad when you come home for a visit! I only wish they were more frequent!
We loved having you visit! It is always fun to hang out with you guys. Amos and Andy already miss you! :) That picture of Grey pretty much sums up his Christmas.
Liz, my computer is on it's death bed and wasn't working all week. Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday on THURSDAY! Hope it was great!
Post a Comment